Seat Leon FR RECALL

kimimaru

Feb 15, 2010
West midlands
Engine control unit
Sound system
Main vehicle software

Had a voicemail from seat uk emergency service
when I call back seat told me as its my responsibility to take my car to them so they can carry on the service complaint

Last edited:

kimimaru

Feb 15, 2010
West midlands
if you guys didn't bought car direct from seat maybe give them a call with your registration to see what they say it cant be only me lol
must be more cars, did anyone noticed any thing not normal or should not working this way ?
They wont tell you all the details but will tell you that there is a recall or a complaint service to be carry out on this vehicle so you can take to them and is free

philhoward

Aug 17, 2015
Do you mean a "Service Campaign" which is different to a Recall? That basically means they've found a possible issue which is not safety related. I'm not sure why Seat Emergency Service are involved though?

CyberGene

Apr 26, 2008
Sofia, Bulgaria
The only time I was called and requested to bring the car as soon as possible was in the beginning of 2014. The guys didn't actually know exactly what everything was about except that it is only a software update. They told me they were contacted by SEAT headquarters in Spain to do the recall and to their knowledge it was related to the sound actuator that creates fake engine noises in sport mode. However I highly doubted it someone would create such an emergency for such a silly stuff :)

Last edited:

kimimaru

Feb 15, 2010
West midlands
Do you mean a "Service Campaign" which is different to a Recall? That basically means they've found a possible issue which is not safety related. I'm not sure why Seat Emergency Service are involved though?

This is the second one first one was last month, was they found some issue with engine which needed to be upgraded with different parts they made me sign a two page paper permission for them to carry the service recall asked the car for all day give them the car 9am and it was only ready at 16:00, and now got this call again I called and they say engine control unit and I must bring the vehicle to them

CyberGene

Apr 26, 2008
Sofia, Bulgaria
This is the second one first one was last month, was they found some issue with engine which needed to be upgraded with different parts they made me sign a two page paper permission for them to carry the service recall asked the car for all day give them the car 9am and it was only ready at 16:00, and now got this call again I called and they say engine control unit and I must bring the vehicle to them

This sounds like the infamous VW dieselgate :) What's the engine in your car?

kimimaru

Feb 15, 2010
West midlands
there is a golf GTD next to me he went to VW recall they never told him specifically what was it they just say software upgrade, but the car is no longer 184 is now 177 on din he shown them the din test and they don't accept it the car needs to go to VW test centre to prove that it lost power, I ear quit a few about loosing around 10/15bhp on the 2.0 184, and that's what seat told me software engine control unit :(
as I can see on this forum only me got the call.

on seat website my vin says not affected on vw gate

Curtly

Jun 5, 2015
Essex
I don't see the reason why anyone would want the software update? There's no harm in leaving the car as it is and much less chance of any new software lossing power or harming the engine

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
It is possible the GTD had the last of the EA189 engines and needed the software.
The official figure is 181hp so a reading of 177hp is easily possible on another rolling road on a different day.

The EA288 motor fitted to the MK3 Leon is not affected by the emissions scandal.

Your car should not need any kind or remap/software update.

The two recalls I am aware of are :

1. Boost sensor - some cars had a faulty sensor but the build records couldn't identify individual engines with the faulty sensor so it was changed at service time. ( non critical issue )

2. Indicator stalk issue - again - non critical & normally fixed during a service.

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise