Seat Leon FR vs Astra K

orion69

Apr 15, 2015
I'm in the market for a new car and 3 or 4 months ago I went to local Seat dealer (Croatia) to take a look at Seat Leon. I opted for TSI 150 Act FR (white or red metallic) and asked the dealer for a test drive. Dealer contacted me few times explaining that they are not able to reserve me the car for a test drive at the moment... I really like Seat Leon and already more or less made my mind about it. Well, months later they still can't find the car for me to test. And I have no intention to buy any car without testing.

Two weeks ago I went to local Opel dealer to check the new Astra K (Innovation, 150 hp) and asked for a test drive. Few days later dealer called me that car is ready for testing. I drove the new Astra and I must say that I'm really impressed with the car, not bad looking exterior, very nice interior, quiet, comfortable but excellent in corners, excellent infotainment screen, only thing I was maybe little disappointed was the 150hp motor which I find not that strong I imagined it would be (but this is subjective since this is first time that I drove turbo petrol) but frankly I don't need stronger motor.

So, few months ago I was pretty much decided on Seat Leon FR but now I don't really know...
Astra is suprisingly good and I can't seam to get that test drive with Leon.

So what do you think, should I wait or not?
Any of you tried or compared new Astra with Leon FR TSI 150?

Thx

Last edited:

villa chris

Jul 4, 2015
i was also looking at the astra 1.4 turbo 150 bhp before i ordered mine.really impressed with the interior but the exterior didnt do much for me.it looked a bit boring.it was ok but that was it.the kit you get in the sri is amazing.the leon just looks better on the outside by miles and the interior just seems a bit better quality.the boot is a little smaller in the astra.

Last edited:

orion69

Apr 15, 2015
i was also looking at the astra 1.4 turbo 150 bhp before i ordered mine.really impressed with the interior but the exterior didnt do much for me.it looked a bit boring.it was ok but that was it.the kit you get in the sri is amazing.the leon just looks better on the outside by miles and the interior just seems a bit better quality.the boot is a little smaller in the astra.

I agree that that Leon is a better looking car from outside, especially from distance .
Inside, well, I have to say that Astra (Innovation) is a bit better at least for me, can't ignore that infotainment system, but Leon is not bad either.

Last edited:

villa chris

Jul 4, 2015
yes orion spot on in the astra.infotainment screen gr8.the onstar sounds brill.on sri you get onstar free for first year,lane departure warning,collision warning,dab radio,cruise control.cant argue with that but leon just looks a bit more well screwed together.the new astra doesnt look as nice outside than previous astra sri,s.overall i think the leon is better overall hence why ive bought one.i test drove the 1.4 turbo.again great engine but seemed a bit less refined than the leon.not going to lie the astra is nice but didnt excite me enough especially from the outside.

villa chris

Jul 4, 2015
bogwoppit ive had plenty of fords over the years and they have never let me down but i just think the last few years ford have seemed to take a step backwards.ive had 2 focus cars and currently a cmax but i wouldnt consider a new focus now.just dont like them.apart from the rs lol!!one things that have always swayed me to a ford is the space but the new focus only has 316 litres of boot and are tiny in comparrison with the leon and astra.

shaunw

Apr 13, 2007
HANTS
I'm biased obviously but reading that and looking at the pictures, the Leon seems by far the best buy to me. For one thing, it's the only car of the three with a bit of character IMHO. Interesting that the Leon is no longer cheaper than the Astra now though like it was when I bought my MK2 .

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.