Seat Leon MK2 2010 Facelift Oil Leak

Jun 8, 2022
Hi

I have a Seat Leon MK2 FR CR, I was driving last week and the engine oil preassure light came on, so i stopped and first checked the oil which seemed pretty low and topped it up. This managed to get rid of the light. However a few days later I started to see oil underneath my car so I got under the car, thinking it may be the sump however there was no leak from under the car.

I then checked from on top of the car in the engine bay and found oil pretty much around the whole engine so the leak must of started at the top of the engine somewhere. I could not manage to find the leak, however the only thing that seemed off was that the Oil filter housing O ring seemed a bit out of place. There was oil sitting directly under the oil filter housing however I do not think the leak could came from here as there is a lot of oil going from the top of the car towards the bottom.

Does anyone have any ideas or could help with this ? Still have not found the source of the leak

Jun 8, 2022
In addition to this a couple of days ago, I checked the engine oil again and it seemed very low. I have not driven the car after fixing the Oil filter housing O ring to see if it was actually the O ring causing the problem or if it was something else.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.