Seat Leon vibration

Jul 10, 2020
Good evening, guys.

I have a question about my Seat. I have Seat Leon 2018 DSG 150ps. After clutch swap, i noticed, that car sometimes vibrating when I accelerating at first gear.. It happens for very short time, a few second. It feels like a wheel spin.. But it is not.. RPM can be at 1.5k or 2.5k, it does not mater. Any ideas whats can happen?

Thank you.

HighFlyingBird

2016 Leon FR 1.4 150 in Chilli Red 2019 - 2020
Jan 15, 2019
Leeds
Might be the clutch packs still bedding in if they’re new, if not I’d take it back and have them inspect it. What caused you to have to swap the clutch packs out? I thought the ones in the 7 speed DSG were good for life almost

Jul 10, 2020
Might be the clutch packs still bedding in if they’re new, if not I’d take it back and have them inspect it. What caused you to have to swap the clutch packs out? I thought the ones in the 7 speed DSG were good for life almost
I changed the clutch because it's started to slip. In my car there is DQ200 clutch.. well known as the most problematic clutch. Actually it's still slipping with a new one... Not that much as before, but still. When i went back to dealer about slipping, they said that everything are working perfectly.. "Actually it should slip a little bit, for a better ant smoother gear switch." That's what they said. They checked clutch, gear box 100%.. As they said, no issues at all. As i know, even NEW cars who has the same clutch, have this problem. Not everyone ofc.

I mentioned to them one time, when first time I felt that vibration.. They said that it is wheel spin... Really? at 2k rpm and less. Impossible. They couldn't feel this by themselves, because it's happening not that often.

HighFlyingBird

2016 Leon FR 1.4 150 in Chilli Red 2019 - 2020
Jan 15, 2019
Leeds
I changed the clutch because it's started to slip. In my car there is DQ200 clutch.. well known as the most problematic clutch. Actually it's still slipping with a new one... Not that much as before, but still. When i went back to dealer about slipping, they said that everything are working perfectly.. "Actually it should slip a little bit, for a better ant smoother gear switch." That's what they said. They checked clutch, gear box 100%.. As they said, no issues at all. As i know, even NEW cars who has the same clutch, have this problem. Not everyone ofc.

I mentioned to them one time, when first time I felt that vibration.. They said that it is wheel spin... Really? at 2k rpm and less. Impossible. They couldn't feel this by themselves, because it's happening not that often.
It’s definitely not wheelspin. Did you also replace the flywheel? I can’t remember if they’re dual mass or not, dual mass flywheels are usually troublesome. If not maybe have that replaced and see if it solves the issue. If it that doesn’t solve it I’d say the gearbox itself is faulty, maybe a bad mechatronic unit also those are known to fail on DQ200s.

I recently sold on my Leon with the 1.4 150ps engine and same gearbox as yours. I only got clutch slip when I was going quick and put my foot to the floor when the engine was already in high RPMs. The only issue I had with my gearbox is that it would occasionally throw an error on the dash saying “transmission faulty take to workshop immediately” but the message would disappear after a few seconds

Jul 10, 2020
Actually i have no idea, if they changed something else... They said, that CLUTCH is bad, so it needs to be replaced. I don't know about something else. According to them, with a new clutch my car works perfectly.. As I mentioned earlier.. They checked again gear box and clutch.. For them, it works perfectly, as it should be. I really don't think that clutch should slip at all.. Should be smooth gear switch, without something else.. I went to them in total 5 times. Also after clutch swap, i started to hear some noises, at low speed, while accelerating slowly. They have no idea whats that, ant probably it is normal. ;D Im tired actually with those Seat dealers.. For me, it looks like they are trying to avoid to do something.

Glosphil

Nov 10, 2004
Gloucestershire
Good evening, guys.

I have a question about my Seat. I have Seat Leon 2018 DSG 150ps. After clutch swap, i noticed, that car sometimes vibrating when I accelerating at first gear.. It happens for very short time, a few second. It feels like a wheel spin.. But it is not.. RPM can be at 1.5k or 2.5k, it does not mater. Any ideas whats can happen?

Thank you.

I also have a Seat Leon 2018 DSG 150ps.
No clutch slip or noise from gearbox. Only covered 18k miles though.

Jul 10, 2020
I also have a Seat Leon 2018 DSG 150ps.
No clutch slip or noise from gearbox. Only covered 18k miles though.
Mine also covered only 20k. If your car clutch not slipping at all an etc.. Then interesting, why mechanic from seat said, that it is normal to slip a bit... For me, it is not a bit actually. Easy to see that.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.