Seat lowering Springs

JayWard

Feb 10, 2010
Hi Guys, i spoke to my local dealership in crewe and asked them about the lowering springs, they said if i get them off them and fitted then it doesnt avoid warranty, quoted me around £120 for the springs and £250 fitting,

Then asked them about if i just got the springs off them and fitted them elsewhere as used to work in a garage, they said to me that it wouldnt avoid the warranty if they were fitted correctly by competent people, BUT said that if they came to do any work on the car such as warranty and found they werent fitted properly or anything was slightly wrong then it would affect warranty and would be void,

So all in all if fitted correctly and properly then warranty would be fine but if not the warranty would be void, also they told me that they are 30-35mm lowering springs. This was for my 1.4 5 door sport

Jan 17, 2010
Essex - Saffron Walden
That's not too bad fitting still expensive but it rules out the risk of losing ya warranty... A few extra quid now could save bigger/more expensive problems in the future with out warranty

Dave 77

Dave ;)
Nov 13, 2009
Hertfordshire
Dont no if the springs that seat offer will be able to be put on your fr due to the extra weight (DSG box) i fink its been said in this thread already, if not this one another one as far as i remerber :think:

JayWard

Feb 10, 2010
Yeah fitting is still quite expensive but definately keeps your warranty, but if you definately know of somewhere that would fit them properly with out doing a "bodge" job so to speak then i was told warranty would be fine :)

JayWard

Feb 10, 2010
Yeah was looking at them ones myself on that site, im sure it would look low enough with them on, mine sits rather high atm lol

JayWard

Feb 10, 2010
Yeah i think it would be a good drop tbh your the same as me then with regards to looks etc id rather have it looking better as i dont drive that fast anyway to notice such a difference in handling between makes etc

dan_wilson87