SEAT Roadside Assistance renewal

rafletcher

Feb 18, 2021
Anyone done it recently? I realised last week that my 2 year complimentary coverage ends later this month, just over 2 weeks away, but I've had no contact from SEAT. Should I expect to? I looked online and it said I could renew it IF I booked an online service - but I'd already booked via the local dealer. There didn't seem to be any other information available online. I'll probably call them next week, but I was curious what others had experienced.

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
When I had a service on my Leon Cupra recently Seat gave me free roadside assistance. But this was only when I mentioned it to them after seeing a poster in the showroom. If I had not mentioned it to them I doubt they would have offered it to me.

Reactions: rafletcher

rafletcher

Feb 18, 2021
I'm going to be calling the dealer later this week to make sure they have the warranty stuff I need done recorded (boot light not working - not conncted to the loom and fuel flap failed locked) so I'll mention extending the roadside cover then.

rafletcher

Feb 18, 2021
Well, live and learn. Because I have the CupraCare 3 year service plan, I actually have 3 years Roadside assistance, not 2 as I thought (I’d have had 2 without a service plan). But, according to the dealers, Perrys, to get the extension next year I need to book online. There doesn’t appear (unlike with my Audi) an option to purchase an extension - so it’s tying you into the official dealer network to maintain the Roadside. I’ll have to do the math next year but I suspect a 2 year all-in plus free roadside assistance will be the winner.

ETA: After todays service I callEd SEAT customer services to check my Roadside. Initial response was “2 years”. so up at the end of this month. I then mentioned what dealer had said, and told them I had CupraCare. Apparently this that is unique to Cupra Ateca / Ateca Cupra, and does indeed come with 3 years Roadside. The worrying thing is this isn’t brought up by the car reg - so how will the AA know? How do they know about extensions due to online booking of services? I do wish SEAT issued a card like Audi did (May still do) so owners have proof.

Last edited: