Seat sound pack

andrew_ww

Nov 15, 2007
Hi,

Thinking of ordering this on my 1.4 SE.

Does anybody know what make it is or have anymore details about it? i.e. it is BOSE or H/K, etc...

Cheers.

JK1

May 15, 2002
Bedford
Visit site
The only thing I've seen of it is that the sub and amp sit in the spare wheel well so you can't have a spare wheel at the same time.

PvUNYbC.jpg

kugaman1

Mar 6, 2013
Aberdeenshire
Yes you can.
We test drove an SE with the soundpack fitted, it also had the spare wheel. The sub woofer was mounted inside the spare wheel.

Andy

StevenM

Apr 2, 2013
The only thing I've seen of it is that the sub and amp sit in the spare wheel well so you can't have a spare wheel at the same time.

It's actually the reverse of this...you can't have the sound pack without the space saver as the sub sits inside it.

You also gain an extra speaker (mid range I think) in the dash.

No idea who makes it all though. I doubt it's Bose because it would be highlighted and used as a selling point like it is in Audis.

Sent from my piece of shite iPhone - according to Muz.

JK1

May 15, 2002
Bedford
Visit site
Ah, that makes sense, I know when I've added it in the past it threw up an error about the spare wheel, just assumed I couldn't have both.

metomurti

Apr 26, 2013
Yes you can.
We test drove an SE with the soundpack fitted, it also had the spare wheel. The sub woofer was mounted inside the spare wheel.

Andy

Would you please tell something about the musical quality of the system? Is there a really big difference between the stock one?

sbajc101

Apr 19, 2013
There is the video of Seat Sound System in action =)

youtube.com/watch?v=qLO0ait3z2k :funk:

Suicida1 Zombie

Mar 19, 2013
There is the video of Seat Sound System in action =)

youtube.com/watch?v=qLO0ait3z2k :funk:

ROFL! Are you serious?

'Listen to how good this sound system is through the speakers (That could be ANY kind of quaility) connected to the device you are using to watch it. Oh, and it was all filmed on a video camera that could have any kind of microphone fitted.'

Its like saying I made steak and chips yesterady, hers a picture:

steak_and_chips.JPG

Print it out and eat it to see how good it tasted!

scoobysnax

Apr 29, 2003
Macclesfield
Visit site
I have it in my FR and the base is full and deep. There's a setting in the MFI for sub woofer and I like my bass but have it set to +2 -9/+9 The sound quality is sooooo much better than my previous VW & Seat radios.

grant5745

Jan 1, 2013
Glasgow
I have it in my FR and the base is full and deep. There's a setting in the MFI for sub woofer and I like my bass but have it set to +2 -9/+9 The sound quality is sooooo much better than my previous VW & Seat radios.

I have the standard system in my new Leon ( tho it does have DAB radio ), but even that sounds way better than the system that I had in my 2011 FR...radio and ipod. The in-car sound set up through the touchscreen menu is easy to use and I think gives one of the best sounds I have had. That includes a previous Golf and Scirocco.

Cougar

Jul 10, 2011
I have the standard system in my new Leon ( tho it does have DAB radio ), but even that sounds way better than the system that I had in my 2011 FR...radio and ipod. The in-car sound set up through the touchscreen menu is easy to use and I think gives one of the best sounds I have had. That includes a previous Golf and Scirocco.

Exactly this! Having made the same transition from Mk2 FR to the Mk3 the difference in sound quality is clearly audible!

Superfane

This is my first post on this forum, so hello everybody!

I had a feeling that the speakers that come with "Seat Sound" are made by Canton (Skoda is using the same speakers for their high end sound option), so I've asked my dealer and he confirmed that this is true. I don't know if this is the case for the standard sound system as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

gar074

That sub looks pretty low-rent tbh - and you can just imagine the rattling & squeaking that you'll get from the jack etc, and all those plastic bits in the wheel-well.

jaredg

Its quite annoying this sound pack isnt available as a retrofit (vw offer their sub kit as a bolt on retrofit). I really wanted this option but due to my circumstances i had to order a pre built car to get a fast turn around. I hope the standard system is decent...

Chester

MPG racer
Mar 25, 2002
Peterborough
This was going to be one of my questions about this option. Good to know it's Canton. They do some pretty good HiFi speakers for stereo home listening, and a little bit of surround. Very clinical and not too much beef; of course this might have very little impact on in-car performance apart from the quality of their drivers and the overall construction. I'd definitely tick this box.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.