SEAT Stop Cupra Production

Deleted member 103408

This thread is a perfect example of why some forums have an icon on each members profile indicating where they are in the world...

Six posts by three different people over a 24 hour period to discover we are talking about different markets!

I was talking about the UK-market Sub8 Performance Pack that was discontinued before the MY17 300PS car was launched. I have no idea about the Irish market, sorry.

The admins have now put something in place to show a country flag.
I notice not everybody gets one but its a start as you can see mine is in the UK, But one of the other guys talks from work and his server is based in Germany so he shows there. Better than nothing though.

Reactions: Walone

Zx7R

Dec 5, 2016
The admins have now put something in place to show a country flag.
I notice not everybody gets one but its a start as you can see mine is in the UK, But one of the other guys talks from work and his server is based in Germany so he shows there. Better than nothing though.

You can turn it on/off, in preferences, this flag feature.

Reactions: Damo7

Deleted member 103408

Yes and you can also set it so it only shows to members or all.

Under Preferences / Privacy

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Just like to add that it's not visible to the minority that use taptalk to post on the forums.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

N8KOW

Sep 28, 2017
Manchester
www.kowalskidetails.co.uk
Ordered my Seat Leon Cupra ST 4Drive in Jan (still no confirmed build week), don't think we will find out till Sept. The dealer told me the factory shuts in August? SEAT rang back and left a voicemail, and told me the factory in GERMANY shuts the whole of July, it's currently BW27 and we won't find out till BW31.......

You couldn't write it!:help:

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Ordered my Seat Leon Cupra ST 4Drive in Jan (still no confirmed build week), don't think we will find out till Sept. The dealer told me the factory shuts in August? SEAT rang back and left a voicemail, and told me the factory in GERMANY shuts the whole of July, it's currently BW27 and we won't find out till BW31.......

You couldn't write it!:help:
Yep the Seat Martorell factory does close in August.

I have no build date either but going by Scroggs updates as to the suggested lead time.

With regards to VW I read the following:

"Volkswagen plans to shut its main Wolfsburg factory for 1-2 days a week between August and the end of September to deal with problems caused by new engine emissions tests, the German carmaker told employees on Tuesday."

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Deleted member 103408

and the bit that made me laugh out loud
VW CEO Herbert Dies said

"It is not the fault of our colleagues that the company has built too few test rigs over the years and can suddenly not handle the test volume required," he said. "We will not allow this burden to be borne by the workforce alone at the end of the day. Our colleagues in production are not responsible for this situation."

Only because the unions made it very clear to management,

xyz

Feb 28, 2004
oxford
Visit site
maybe this will increase the resale price of my 300 in the future

A small BHP difference might do on pure bragging rights as probably not much difference performance wise. What I have noticed is that all of a sudden, due to the manual option being dropped on the Golf R, prices on manuals have firmed up a bit which suits me as my R is a manual. On VW’s site, I saw a number of Golf Rs for sale with DSG but saw a manual for sale and it said it had13 people watching it.........maybe a manual 300 could be an even better resale prospect! Bit annoying for me as I was hoping to order a manual Golf R towards the end of the year but that isn’t going to happen now! Might have to test drive a Civic type R........if I can stomach the looks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jonno02

Apr 8, 2015
Based on all the previous comments, unless its the ST DSG 4Drive, it'll be a 290 not a 300.
I imagine the car will be identical to a 300, but down on power though? The 10 ps and torque doesn't bother me as the 290 I have now is more than enough power.

Tully1980

Nov 22, 2017
I’m picking up my 300 SC tomorrow (27/7/18). I went to sign the paperwork today and was informed that SEAT were reverting back to the 290 for 2019MY and that my 300 would be one of the last ones registered (taken with a pinch of salt!)...

chrisjgill

Dec 13, 2007
Skipton
I’m picking up my 300 SC tomorrow (27/7/18). I went to sign the paperwork today and was informed that SEAT were reverting back to the 290 for 2019MY and that my 300 would be one of the last ones registered (taken with a pinch of salt!)...
I think because SEAT choose to add the PS output into the model name, they can't use the 300 tag anymore due to engine changes to suit the emissions regs (and associated CO2 and fuel consumption figures for WLTP)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Deleted member 103408

agreed on the saloon but I think the ST will still have the 300 tag

Scrogg

Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...
Dec 31, 2017
...and that my 300 would be one of the last ones registered (taken with a pinch of salt!)...
Not far from the truth. Depends how low a number you want 'one of the last' to be. All of the 300 2WD cars are now built, and most are registered.

agreed on the saloon but I think the ST will still have the 300 tag
It will.

Tully1980

Nov 22, 2017
Not far from the truth. Depends how low a number you want 'one of the last' to be. All of the 300 2WD cars are now built, and most are registered.

Sadly it doesn’t make a lot of difference to me as it’s a lease..!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UTCIAD

Dorset
May 6, 2014
Bournemouth
I ordered a 300 back in January and it arrived 3 weeks ago, reading this thread I appear to be one of the lucky ones.

Is it any quicker than the previous models? for me that's not an easy question - the 280 and 290 I had were both manual but the 300 is a DSG - they all feel plenty rapid, but in different ways.The exterior of the 300 is growing on me, slowly - after Alor Blue on the 290 Mystery Blue on the 300 seems a bit understated, but the interior of the new car feels like a significant improvement, I prefer the seats, digital dash and alcantara on the doors.

It sounds like there are some supply issues out there - I gave up all hope of ever landing an Ateca Cupra some time ago - but I would encourage anybody waiting on a Leon to hang on in there (if possible), the 300 is a cracking car, even without a gearstick or handbrake :joystick:

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.