Seizing Calipers

Cupra_G

185bhp/230ftlb
Mar 7, 2006
ayrshire
s62.photobucket.com
Is this a common problem on the cupras. My front drivers side caliper has seized. i took the caliper off last night and tried to push the piston back in with a wind back tool but it wouldn't budge, can you buy a service kit???

jonesya3

Dec 28, 2005
Liverpool
Is this a common problem on the cupras. My front drivers side caliper has seized. i took the caliper off last night and tried to push the piston back in with a wind back tool but it wouldn't budge, can you buy a service kit???

i had the passanger size seize on my cupra it was a total pain to get the pin out (dont no the technical term for the part) but once greased up again its been fine since

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
you need to wind the calliper piston fully out to get the seals in.
you tired it with he reservoir cap off?

Cupra_G

185bhp/230ftlb
Mar 7, 2006
ayrshire
s62.photobucket.com
Yeah i took the cap off. I used a big g-clamp and got it back it! I worked it in and out a few times but when i greased it all and put it back together it seized again. What part of it is the PIN. Someone else mentioned it??

Jun 28, 2001
not worth taking the risk to be honest if it's seized then waters got in and piston will be damaged replace it or it could end in tears

jonesya3

Dec 28, 2005
Liverpool
Yeah i took the cap off. I used a big g-clamp and got it back it! I worked it in and out a few times but when i greased it all and put it back together it seized again. What part of it is the PIN. Someone else mentioned it??

i was thinking of a different part on the calliper, i had one of the 2 pins seize which guide the calliper it caused the car to pull all over the road but looking your first post your on about the main piston

my fault didnt read it properly ;)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members