Service in West Yorkshire

mjr600

Apr 19, 2007
thnx all who have replied, I'm sure one of them will be cheaper than the £200 quoted for an 'A' oil/filter/check service quoted by Richard Alexander in Hudddersfield.

mjr600

Apr 19, 2007
Well with some considerable assistance from Viking, very nice chap (pm'd you Viking) I went back to my closest main dealer Richard Alexander in Hudddersfield. Another branch of Richard Alexander quite some distance away had quoted £110 for the 3yr 30,000 mile service (oil/filter/brake fluid/tick in the box/stamp).

After my good lady had said 'why the hell are you going all that way' I rang my local dealer back and immediately they said fine, we'll price match thereby saving you £90 on the original £200 quote !

WTF is all that about, why can't they just do that from the start, 1.5 hrs, I sat and watched, drank coffee and wondered where all the customers were. Probably driven away by the pricing, it just shows thanks to cupra.net a couple of phone calls and in this case Viking I'm two tanks of fuel in hand.

Remap is next, just need to find a deal on that too.

shads

If you log onto the JCT600 site they have a drivers club membership scheme which is free to join but then entitles you to servicing for £89.00 inc all parts, labour and vat. I will certainly be using them on the new motor plus it keeps the warranty nice and straight.

dlm2310

Rocco Is God !!
Dec 17, 2006
West Yorkshire
If you log onto the JCT600 site they have a drivers club membership scheme which is free to join but then entitles you to servicing for £89.00 inc all parts, labour and vat. I will certainly be using them on the new motor plus it keeps the warranty nice and straight.

JCT600 ? You're having a laugh aren't you ?

Viking

Insurance co's are crap.
May 19, 2007
Near Richmond, North Yorks
I've a feeling that would give you a very poor sevice with Duckhams 20-50 multigrade, and anything over the top of an oil and filter would incur "extra charges" (read the small print, Sir!).

Tell

Staff member
"Duckhams 20-50 multigrade" there goes the warranty when Seat examine the oil in the engine after it blows up and they say, but you haven't been using VW standard oil which is synthetic. Probably this garage gave the design away to install normal wiper blades in the front of the Altea ;).

jtmac

Last time I did just a oil change it wasn't that hard to got quotes fo about £90 to £95. York Skoda, York SEAT and the Huddesfield SEAT all quoted me between £90 and £95.

I fully expect it to be a differnet story for my next service at 40K when there will be filters that want changing too. I'm sure they all come up with widely diferent prices for that one.

As for JCT, I wouldn't darken JCT-Bradford's door again even for a free service. I've no experience of the Rawdon JCT600 but I haven't heard enough good about them for me to go out of my way. Maybe they are better than the Bradford one

shads

JCT600 ? You're having a laugh aren't you ?

Ok I got it wrong. I checked them out yesterday and the £90.00 is for car's of 3 years and over. Never used JCT myself so have no knowledge of there sales or service.

JBS Sales

Remap is next, just need to find a deal on that too.

If it helps mate we are offering 2 for 1 on Custom-Code remapping on the 20th October :) if you find another Seat/Skoda car to come that is in the same price range thats 50% off :D

Mike

dlm2310

Rocco Is God !!
Dec 17, 2006
West Yorkshire
Ok I got it wrong. I checked them out yesterday and the £90.00 is for car's of 3 years and over. Never used JCT myself so have no knowledge of there sales or service.

I wasn't disputing the cost.

Just commenting that anyone is seriously considering using them.

JBS Sales

If you go to our section there are a few people wants remap buddies - just put a post up requesting one and someone will join you :)

Mike

m4ttl

Is the deal on offer if the cars are in different price bands - i.e if you have a 2.0 TDI 140bhp and a 1.8 20VT 180bhp, can these both be remapped for 1x the higher price?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members