Shabb's Mk1 Leon Cupra 1.8T

Shabbs-1982

Feb 23, 2015
Holt, Norfolk
Since owning the car it's had a bit of a problem this is my weekend car so not been driven much,
When cold it seems to be crunch in 1st,2nd, until warm then the gearing is fine,
Would this be down to the clutch itself or something else?

Also I'm wanting to change the inlet to a right side exit so I can fit a k04 charge pipe, what would be the easiest way to lengthen the throttle body wires?
Just cut then extend?

Last edited:

irf

Feb 5, 2014
I would change the gearbox fluid first and see how you get on. If you've just got the car, unless you've got receipts for it, who knows when it was last changed.

Shabbs-1982

Feb 23, 2015
Holt, Norfolk
Found a receipt for Duelmass & Gear oil but no sign of clutch change, That was done at 30.000 mile ago,
(I would of thought that the clutch would of been changed then as everything was off )

Il change the oil & see how i get on,

Last edited:

frijj

Aug 15, 2015
South Wales
The 1st to 2nd crunch is pretty common, especially on cold starts.
I changed the oil and it didn't make much difference.
If it really bothers you, you could try double clutching that shift, I found it helped but got tiresome.

Shabbs-1982

Feb 23, 2015
Holt, Norfolk
Iv been reading up & this seems to be the case,
been looking at the mainshaft bearing shim install,
would this be worth a try?
Seat dealer is only round the corner from work so can alway pop in

perkman1969

Feb 25, 2015
NE England
Hi All,

Been a member for a while now but not really been on much since joining until recently, used to own a Mk3 Ibiza Cupra, now purchased a Leon Cupra,

Here a few picture of her

Still such a good looking car despite her years - always fancied finding a good one myself one day and keeping it for weekend fun but sadly space doesn't allow.

Don't forget to blank out your reg number when posting mate.

Enjoy her

Steve

frijj

Aug 15, 2015
South Wales
I've only read that the shim install works for a whiney 3rd and 5th whilst decelerating.
If yours whines in 3rd like that then do the install. if it fixes the 1st to 2nd crunch then win win

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise