She's stopped beeping!

tommmineh

1.2 POWER
Feb 28, 2005
Sheffield/Rotherham
Afternoon all,

Just noticed today my car's stopped beeping when I try to leave the car with the lights on! Anyone else had a similair problem :confused:

I'm thinking maybe the beepers broken, will have to wait a day or two until I'm low on fuel to see if that beeps...

Tom

Tom B

Apr 2, 2002
Northampton
Also, does your stereo turn off and the interior light come on when you pull the key out of the ignition? If not, its your "S" signal fuse.

loonymoon

I kept having this problem in my old fiesta.. it was just a dodgy switch on the door that turned the interior light on - if I played with the switch it worke d (and also beeped if I left the lights on).

I know that the interior light is not controled by the door on the ibiza (it's more sophisticated than that) but if the interior light and everything else works when you pull the key out perhaps it's a switch or something to do with the actual door opening mechanism ie either a push switch at the hinge area of the door (this was what I had on the fiesta) or some kind of switch associated with the door handle itself.

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
you can have my beeper it gets on my nerves! as when i get out of car i open door before i do anything force of habbit!

loonymoon

Sounds like it may be a dodgy switch on the door if everything else is working...?
Does the interior light come on if you open the door with the key in the ignition? Mine does so thi may be a way to check the door switch.

EdButler

Apr 24, 2005
Sheffield
I think Looneymoon may be correct - ive had the same issue:

It was the central door locking sensor that couldnt detect whether the door was open or closed. A good way to check this is to unlock your car, open your door and then close it again. Wait a minute and see if it locks itself. The Interior light may also not work with the door.

Quite a dangerous problem really as it means you can lock yourself inside the car if you dont have your remote fob with you!

tommmineh

1.2 POWER
Feb 28, 2005
Sheffield/Rotherham
The interior light has worked as usual, also it locks itself normally (i think!)

Still thinking it's the fuse as toxxin said, I think the beeps are different for handbrake, fuel, cold etc :shrug:

nickibizaCUPRA

mk3 CUPRA hell yeah!
Oct 15, 2005
crawley
had this prob at work on a mk4 golf, was a blown fuse for the convienience system, 10amp but it stopped all the windows working, interior lights, elec sunroof, c/locking and lights on gong, plus 5052 wouldnt communicate with convienience system control module?!?! i would check the fuses just incase?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.