Shoft Shift for a TDI150?

Craig Senior

I've been Tango'd
May 24, 2004
Yorkshire
hmmm odd, on their website it says doesn't work with 1.9tdi, i will log them a questions on their forum section :D

I emailled them before I got mine but didn't have enough patience to wait for the reply so I called them, was assured it would work, so ordered it.

Short shift turned up, got fiited and worked perfectly. I then got a reply to my email saying it wouldn't work:confused:

Going from my experience it worked perfectly, I was going to fit it to the Altea but the shift is OK as standard. IIRC I sold it to somebody on here with a TDI.

madmonk

Feb 2, 2004
Worcestershire
Got a Forge short shift on my FR+ TDi. Would not work with it set to the shortest throw, adjusted the throw slightly and now works fine.

madmonk

Feb 2, 2004
Worcestershire
Dont know why it would not work but I could not select sertain gears (there is a note with it from Forge, stating this).
With the setting I have now it is still a highly reccomended mod, makes the gear change a lot shorter + nicer to change.

Get one you wont regret it.

Funkyfin2000

Black Leon Cupra R 280bhp
Oct 6, 2005
Stafford, Staffordshire
i knwo what they are like as i had one on my cupra r, was just unsure as their webby says won't fit 1.9tdi! :(

Any how, it seems it will work fine, and they are actually going to send me one, to see if it works ok! to test for them! how ace is that!

dirtysac

Mar 2, 2008
Yorkshire
Several others have forge short shifters fitted to there TDI's and they work fine from what I understand. Was going to get one myself but haven't got round to it yet. Keep buying bikes instead.

strugers1

i believbe demon tweeks do them also jabbasport too!!! maybe get one off flea bay??