Short shifter

Aug 11, 2008
Liverpool
I had a shortshifter in my old Focus and it did make gear changing feel a little bit nicer.. Have been tempted to get one for my FR but was a bit put off by having to faff in the engine to change it!

Aug 11, 2008
Liverpool
Argh, forgot about this thread to be honest! Ended up letting Awesome GTI fit it when my car was in getting her ARBs fitted..

It does make loads of difference though, feels so much better now! :)

Aug 11, 2008
Liverpool
I only got the front to back one.. Might get the other one when I've got some spare cash but it feels OK as it is really!

noktoto

Mar 10, 2008
Poland
I think that I'll go for TT one (part number 8J 07 11 051 B), it's much cheaper. Anyone done that in 1P?

Aug 11, 2008
Liverpool
Not seen that one.. How much is it?

I went for the Forge one as I've used Forge stuff in the past and really rate the quality! :)

noktoto

Mar 10, 2008
Poland
It's about 23€, but it has no adjustment.

Here is picture of it that I've found on seat-leon.de:

SchalthebelAltNeu.jpg

And whole thread about short shifters:

https://www.seat-leon.de/vboard/showthread.php?t=64124

May 25, 2008
S.Wales
www.seatcupra.net
I have a custom made "Forge" shortshifter and all I can say is "I won't go back to standard" It felt weird at first but when you swap gears it changes alot easier and quicker of course good for street..heh

Cupra_Ary

I dont understand, i bought fmvwsqs and fmvwqs for my seat leon cupra 2008 240bhp. then i go to the dealer, they told me it dosent fit. ... anybody know why, or are the dealer just incompetent.

I think ur dealers are just plain lazy bud!
They fit 100%
Get a good mechanic to fit yours!
If you have the time, the instructions are pretty easy to follow.
30 minutes max it would take to fit!

The part numbers are 100% correct mate!

JUS CRU-ZN

BOOST JUNKIE!!
Mar 14, 2008
Hey guys... got my forge shifters from my local agent in SA... wow what a difference!!! Absolutely magnificent natural feel with benefits.

Only problem is fitment as Cupra not same as Gti and I needed to get an extra circlip and force it in fr the side shifter. Takes about an hour max if u not too mechaically minded.

Definitely DIY and must have item.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members