• Hey Guest👍👎 We're looking for reviews of your local CUPRA or SEAT Dealership - it's quick and easy to do: Leave a review now
Dec 6, 2024
225
211
www.swanswaygarages.com
Controversial one… do we actually need to bring the Ateca back?

It still seems to have a bit of a following, and there’s something to be said for a straightforward, practical SUV that isn’t trying to be the biggest, fastest or most futuristic thing on the road.

Would a new-generation Ateca have a place alongside the current CUPRA range, or has that ship sailed?

Interested to hear what everyone thinks!
 
Yes I think they should, but they see the Terramar as the replacement so I think it's unlikely.
Yeah, I think that’s probably the sticking point. The Terramar has effectively filled that space in the current CUPRA line-up, so bringing the Ateca back could be a tricky one to justify.

That said, I wonder if there’s still room for something a little more compact and straightforward than the Terramar. The Ateca had a pretty loyal following, after all!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Syphon
Well that was their plan but EV side you got the ID.Tiguan which replaces the ID 4 / 5. I reckon the Tavascan might be short lived being built in China and the Vag group making noises about not seeing their EVs for Europe being built in China.

Seat's been given a bad hand by VAG they just wanted the factory space hoping to leaver more money out of the Cupra brand, but it is quirky and may not have mass appeal.

I could see an equivalent ID.Tiguan appearing. That Cupra batmobile car is going to be built on the next electronic platform circa 2030 when that is released so that's 4 years away atleast which on the EV side they have a gap between the fast back Tavascan and a traditional SUV.


The Skoda Peaq looks a bit tasty and has good reviews available to order from November never mind the Tindaya much later. Thats the EV slot of the Kodiaq / Tavascan / Tarraco. I have not stumbled on the ID.AllSpace but that is what that is.

Shall I be controversial and repeat what the local Skoda dealer / owner said. I can't see the point of Cupra. They do seem to be flying out of the Cupra dealership here thou. Also another family business.

I could see if they don't bury the Seat model range after 2030 a Seat ID.Tiguan could come about or they will have a Cupra version before with the Tavascan reaching the 5 year mark. Ice is dead, repeat ... so the Ateca in EV form is that. Ice vehicles are stop gap.

Atecas are good cars. I've had 10 years out of mine come a couple of months. Reckon I will get another 5 years out of it. Might have to jump ship if the Cupra line up isn't sorted on the SUV front. That 5 years gives the Seat brand time to reform. Not convinced they will bring back a ID.Tarraco . Think like Fiat, Seat might have a curse on big cars. Whether they give a bells and whistles ID.Ateca we'll see but that Skoda Peaq look nice on seating. The material design of Skoda now has got rid of the ugly front.


On value Skoda and Seat were similar. Seat looked better looking cars. That's the issue that Cupra have loosing business to Skoda now they have reinvented themselves. Ateca folk looking for an EV may have wandering eyes on design and price.
 
Last edited: