Should I Wait for MK 4 or buy MK3 Cupra

Ken H

Dec 20, 2015
Cork , Ireland
The cupra R st will be mostly left hand drive so I’ve been told. Uk will see small numbers just like the hatch did .Ireland won’t see any. Can’t see a Mk1v cupra R arriving until there’s talks of the arrival of the MK V. Tis all a bit messy really.

Deleted member 103408

Just seen this https://www.topgear.com/car-news/geneva-motor-show/revealed-future-volkswagen-golf-r

Re power output the interesting comment was :

And what of the Golf R400 concept, which has still yet to make production? “We did research and customers don’t want it. They want around 300 horsepower and a price tag below €50,000. To move up to 400 horsepower you lose 50 per cent of the sales volume and increase the cost of ownership.”

A rare case of a German performance brand actually placing a ceiling on its power outputs, then. Perhaps. Though a chat with Volkswagen board member Jürgen Stackmann revealed the R version of the mk8 Golf will still be pretty potent.

“The crown jewel of performance in a Golf remains Golf R,” he told us. “We don’t want to take hybrids to a ridiculous strength. A hybrid needs to be affordable, and have an ecological reasoning. It’s not just for performance. The GTE is an alternative choice for a GTI customer, and that will remain. The performance king will remain a Golf R, and the Golf 8 R is going to be fantastic.”

Just not 400 horsepower fantastic…

CupraGeezer

May 11, 2018
400 bhp would put it in competition with the RS3 and would almost certainly require that car's five cylinder engine.

Whilst tuners can easily get 400 bhp from an EA888, I don't believe VAG will ever take it to take level. Emissions levels would rule it out, in addition to the relaibility concerns.

CupraK290

Mar 3, 2019
400 bhp would put it in competition with the RS3 and would almost certainly require that car's five cylinder engine.

Whilst tuners can easily get 400 bhp from an EA888, I don't believe VAG will ever take it to take level. Emissions levels would rule it out, in addition to the relaibility concerns.
Now this is what I'm talking about. Evo magazine has just said that Seat have announced that the latest Cupra R ST has an optional ABT sourced power upgrade to 365bhp costing £500 without affecting warranty, insurance etc. Now. If I can have this uogrsup on the Cupra 290 that I've ordered then that'll do very nicely :)

Reactions: Abs

Abs

May 26, 2018
Now this is what I'm talking about. Evo magazine has just said that Seat have announced that the latest Cupra R ST has an optional ABT sourced power upgrade to 365bhp costing £500 without affecting warranty, insurance etc. Now. If I can have this uogrsup on the Cupra 290 that I've ordered then that'll do very nicely :)
I can see ABT rolling this out on leon as it's in essence the same platform and the new ones are all now 4wd

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Deleted member 103408

This tuning box could also be fitted to the FWD cars as they are more than happy with this power (stage 1) the big thing (and it will be interesting to see if they apply it to the whole seat cupra range over time).

Reactions: Abs
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise