Should settings be stored?

Supa Koopa

Mar 13, 2022
Hi all,

I'm still getting used to my Formentor but I have a question about settings and whether they should be stored or not. It's seems that some settings are being reset each time I get in the car and it's starting to annoy me but I'm not sure if this is normal. So sound focus doesn't seem to be remembering that I want it on auto, but I'm not sure if it should remain highlighted or not after a restart. Also in the background lighting options it keeps resetting the crazy rev counter lighting thing in Cupra mode even though I've turned it off. When I get back in the car it's reset again. I've got a profile saved and I'm using the same key so I don't think it's that.

Has anyone else noticed this, is it supposed to reset or am I doing something wrong and that's why they are not saving? I'm sure there's others but these 2 I've just noticed when going out to the car.

I've seen a few posts of the infotainment system frustrating owners and I'd hoped I would be fine with it, especially as I had the new software version, but it looks like I could well be one of them after only 5 days of ownership. :ROFLMAO:

Edit: on the main screen with 3 boxes I have the driving data tab displayed and this always goes back to 'since refuel' (or 'long term' I can't remember which) why won't this stay on 'since restart' where I left it?

Last edited:

jcbmally

Started with nowt and still have most of it left.
Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
Hhmmmm, does sound like a glitch as my seeming so stay the same, apart from the pesky lane assist resetting to ON. Have you tried the hard reset and redoing the settings from scratch.

Reactions: Supa Koopa

Shaun123

Sep 5, 2020
Hhmmmm, does sound like a glitch as my seeming so stay the same, apart from the pesky lane assist resetting to ON. Have you tried the hard reset and redoing the settings from scratch.
Get yourself OBDeleven and you can put a memory on lane assist so it remembers the last setting and then you can turn the light off to.

Supa Koopa

Mar 13, 2022
So if you turn the crazy rev counter off in Cupra mode it stays off, now that it is interesting? I'll have to try the hard reset as that's not something is thought of, hopefully that's in the instructions somewhere. I do find the manual a little lacking as well. :ROFLMAO: Cheers.

Bear

Jun 15, 2021
So if you turn the crazy rev counter off in Cupra mode it stays off, now that it is interesting? I'll have to try the hard reset as that's not something is thought of, hopefully that's in the instructions somewhere. I do find the manual a little lacking as well. :ROFLMAO: Cheers.
What is this crazy rev counter thing? I've not noticed anything out of the ordinary...

Supa Koopa

Mar 13, 2022
Sorry, it's the dash lights in Cupra mode. Instead of being a solid colour they are supposed to act like a rev counter going across the dash as the revs build. I just find them very annoying and the first time I saw them I actually thought it was faulty as it isn't smooth and flashes at the corners. I found it quite distracting. I found in the menu where you can turn it off and the lights then revert to a solid copper colour to match Cupra mode, but when you restart it switches the setting back on rather than storing what you've set.

Bear

Jun 15, 2021
Sorry, it's the dash lights in Cupra mode. Instead of being a solid colour they are supposed to act like a rev counter going across the dash as the revs build. I just find them very annoying and the first time I saw them I actually thought it was faulty as it isn't smooth and flashes at the corners. I found it quite distracting. I found in the menu where you can turn it off and the lights then revert to a solid copper colour to match Cupra mode, but when you restart it switches the setting back on rather than storing what you've set.
Ah, I hadn't noticed anything.

Supa Koopa

Mar 13, 2022
Well I got all excited after spending ages resetting to factory defaults and then the pain of trying to get it to recognise my account again as it seemed to be saving the settings. Well the very next morning and it's back to the same as before. 10 days in and I'm already annoyed with the car. Today it decided that my passenger mirror setting for reverse was pointing the mirror to the sky and not the kerb that would be as normal. I reset it and it then saved that as my normal mirror setting. So I redid that, then saved the reverse setting again and the next time I selected reverse it did nothing. Clicked the selector switch to the center position and then passenger side and it dropped as it's supposed to. WTF

I'm now fairly certain this is what's under my chuffing Bonnet.

A8DDE905-0726-4F13-8BBA-A2C4ACB7E868.jpeg

Reactions: Tormentor

dashnine

Oct 31, 2012
Warwick, UK
The mirror can take several goes to store the correct setting, it has on every VAG car I’ve had. Most settings save on my car but a few things annoyingly don’t. As above it forgets the sound stage setting, the SYNC on the dual zone air con keeps re-syncing, I’ve mentioned the clock style displayed on exiting the car before, and various other minor bits which are annoying but trivial. But it remembers most things - why not the all of it!

The other way it loses settings is when it shows ‘Updating Car Settings’ warning (or similar). Then it loses random stuff, like yesterday it was my phone favourites and my Album favourites (but not my Radio favourites). Go figure as they say indeed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Supa Koopa

Supa Koopa

Mar 13, 2022
Yesterday I had a travel assist system not available error message and then the drive modes completely disappeared. The button on the wheel did nothing and the menu had disappeared from the infotainment screen. Both of these needed the ignition to be cycled to remove/resolve.

Talk about flaky. :ROFLMAO:

Supa Koopa

Mar 13, 2022
Now the bloody thing keeps changing my dash display to the sport one, with the rev counter in the center, every time I get in the car. It's not remembering what I left it on.

I've also now found out it's supposed to remember what drive profile it was left in, mine always goes back to comfort.

Alright car, absolutely shocking electronics. 3 weeks in and regretting the choice big time. Now I'm going to have to create a list of the issues over the last 3 weeks to send to the dealers. :(

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.