Slight indicator problem......

Nath

in that its not there! :blink:

Right well my MOT is on friday so I thought i'd get the little niggling jobs out the way, like changing wiper blades and bulbs etc... So I went about removing the cover on the passenger side indicator to replace the bulb which isn't working. But I popped the cover off and found this:

sp_a0368.jpg

Now I know thats not right!!

The other side was fine, looked like this:

sp_a0369.jpg

So where the hell is it?!

Do I just remove the wheel arch lining to get to it as i've had a poke around in the hole but found nothing, looking under the bonnet was also unsuccessful.

Typical, the bulb hasn't been working for months, then 3 days before my MOT I get round to fixing it and find it looking like that :happy:

Cheers
Nath

Nath

Trimmer said:
i cant even get the blood lense off. my bulb has gone on the passenger side too..

Use something really thin to get under the lense and prise one of the sides open. It'll pop out.

Nath

Right, update....

Pulled back the arch lining and found...........

sp_a0371.jpg

It's hiding...

sp_a0370.jpg

Gotcha.....

sp_a0372.jpg

And it even works!

sp_a0373.jpg

:clap:

Sorted! Now MOT time..... :whistle:

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
'it' doesnt clip on to the bodywork... the outer part of the indicator does. So when they come apart,.. 'it' will end up down the back of the wheel arch liner..:)

Nath

Brummy said:
'it' doesnt clip on to the bodywork... the outer part of the indicator does. So when they come apart,.. 'it' will end up down the back of the wheel arch liner..:)

Indeed.

The previous owner musn't have pushed the bulb into the case properly. It locates in a certain position.

Nath

dj_bigfella said:
sorry mate but i just find that crazy!! how on earth does it end up down there?? lol

The fact the bulb still worked after at least 9 months down there made me laugh :happy:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.