Smart-arse car annoying me in winter...

mart4875

Must admit it does seem crazy they do not come with heated mirrors. The amount of times I've gone to pull out to over take and can't see what's coming.

no sorry mate not on mine it defrost the same here. This may help though.

If you have the climatronic setup you could try resetting the vents and the aircon by putting it into diagnostics mode.

Press the ECON and the top middle button (central dash air vents)

the air con unit and vents do a full reset/diagnostics.

if you have the temp switch set to move the temp together on both sides you will need to set this again by just holding the AUTO button for a few seconds. then the temp selection works in tandom with each other and not separately.

btw... just some info on the windscreen button..

The air drawn in from outside the vehicle is directed at the windscreen. The air recirculation mode, if switched on, will be switched off as soon as the defrost function is switched on. At temperatures over 3°C, the air conditioning system will be switched on automatically and the blower speed will be increased by one level in order to dry the air.

FYI using your aircon correctly can dry out the windscreen quicker than just heat alone.

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2006
Annaghmore
bebo.com
Don't have the clima control option. But just setting it to defrost, windscreen and fans, the passenger side seems to clear slightly quicker/more than the drivers side. Can the orindary manual setup be reset?

Nov 2, 2006
Annaghmore
bebo.com
Thought so. Must check out my carpets and that, really get in there and feel them, windows not as bad as they were, so that has helped a lot. Crap weather not helping.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members