SnowFoam / Foam gun

jetsetjimbo

a.k.a James
Jun 12, 2005
J2 M5
After reading a fair bit about this stuff I'd really like to give it a go.

I have seen a couple of produts around... On ebay there's a hose coil guns with a small detergent canister on it and one of these selectable jet nossles but it dosen't actaully refer to it being a foam gun.

More recently I've seen Poorboys snow foam guns on there (about £60!) which look the business but are ver expensive.

The thing is I don't have a pressure washer and am really looking for something I can use with a standard hoselock fitting on a bog standard hose.

Is there anything out there anyone is using or could recommend that'd be suitable?

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
Fella, i bought both these attachements and using a standard hosepipe , there is not enough pressure to aggigate the foam, however stick it in the attachment that goes on the end of the pressure washer, and boy does it work, lovely and creamy ;) . Get ya self a cheap pressure washer with a detergent bottle.

jetsetjimbo

a.k.a James
Jun 12, 2005
J2 M5
Empi5 said:
Fella, i bought both these attachements and using a standard hosepipe , there is not enough pressure to aggigate the foam, however stick it in the attachment that goes on the end of the pressure washer, and boy does it work, lovely and creamy ;) . Get ya self a cheap pressure washer with a detergent bottle.

So you just need the pressure washer with the detergent bottle and just use the standard accessories?

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
jetsetjimbo said:
So you just need the pressure washer with the detergent bottle and just use the standard accessories?

Yep Morrisons are doing pressure washers for £30, not sure if they have a detergent canister. On mine which is a Champion one, the bottle just sticks on the end of the lance and is perfect.

jetsetjimbo

a.k.a James
Jun 12, 2005
J2 M5
I got the pressure washer from wollies - cheers fuey!

The detergent bottle goes on the end of the lance... not sure it that's the best for the foam really... I tried it with some Poorboys Slick and suds and it didn't really get that 'suddy' and used the half full detergent bottle in no time.

I think I need to get some proper snow foam.

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
jetsetjimbo said:
I got the pressure washer from wollies - cheers fuey!

The detergent bottle goes on the end of the lance... not sure it that's the best for the foam really... I tried it with some Poorboys Slick and suds and it didn't really get that 'suddy' and used the half full detergent bottle in no time.

I think I need to get some proper snow foam.

Try the Snow Foam, you will be like a kid at the fair, i love it

CH1

Jul 6, 2004
would something like this work?

http://www.tooled-up.com/Product.asp?PID=122154&Referrer=Kelkoo

or would the foam be too thick?

I've also seen pressure sprayers in the garden section of supermarkets for less than £10 @~£3 @ Tesco's wonder if they'll work.:funk: I know some of the tinters use the pressurised garden sprays for spraying windows with shampoo and I'm sure they said they were less than £10.

jetsetjimbo

a.k.a James
Jun 12, 2005
J2 M5
Empi5 said:
Try the Snow Foam, you will be like a kid at the fair, i love it

Cool - where did you get yours from?

CH1 said:
would something like this work?

http://www.tooled-up.com/Product.asp...eferrer=Kelkoo

or would the foam be too thick?

I've also seen pressure sprayers in the garden section of supermarkets for less than £10 @~£3 @ Tesco's wonder if they'll work. I know some of the tinters use the pressurised garden sprays for spraying windows with shampoo and I'm sure they said they were less than £10.

I don' think the pressure would be there to agregate the detergent. The detergent need to be kept separtely to the water and then mixed as it's sprayed to create the foam...

CH1

Jul 6, 2004
jetsetjimbo said:
I don' think the pressure would be there to agregate the detergent. The detergent need to be kept separtely to the water and then mixed as it's sprayed to create the foam...

Cheers. I'm going to buy one anyway to try from the gardening section and if it doesn't work I'll use it for the garden:D But I'm sure I've seen these Hozelock style pressure sprayers filled with shampoo/suds by some workers, so I'm curious... and the being the haggler that I am for plastic I never use more £ than I need to unless I'm getting a superior finish:D

jetsetjimbo

a.k.a James
Jun 12, 2005
J2 M5
A few people have tried the snow foam route using attachments on normal hosepipes but the pressure hasn't been great enough to agregate the foam.

I think Phil (Empi5) mentioned it earlier in this thread....

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.