Some arosa issues/problems

Reynolds

Hey guys im new here and just bought a 1998 arosa!! I love the car but it has some issues, the clutch is squeaky and the guy i bought it off said he had a new one fitted. The gearbox is pretty weird and he said he had a new one fitted aswell. The passenger side wingmirrors broke and i need a new one so any ideas were i can get one? The drivers electric window doesnt work and is this a common fault? Also its a 1.4i and when driving it sounds pretty weird, is this common? cheers

ArosaRacer

Wee man returns in a fL mk2 cupra
Aug 28, 2005
Bayview, Kent
yep welcome to Arosa land, the window could be a fuse but id check the motor as well, wing mirror just the glass? im sure if you look on Fleebay you'll get one

Reynolds

ahh i will do. Although the passengers window works its just my side that doesnt. So would that mean its not the fuse and are motors expensive? And no its the actual casing i need :(

ArosaRacer

Wee man returns in a fL mk2 cupra
Aug 28, 2005
Bayview, Kent
could be the pedal or a release bearing, not too sure as for engine noise depends what car you had before the wee one

allallyouyou

Arosa Sport
May 23, 2006
Use a flat chisel to prise the double electric window switch bank up from the drivers door card.

Swap the connector at the back round (theres one to each switch from each window motor) then you can test if its the switch or not. Believe it or not its a common thing, i had it too!

As for the other problems, its a golden oldie so expect weridness!!! lol.

Id get the whole box/clutch checked out as if its new, it should be fine not like that.

Think you mighta been done matey :cry: