Some features aren't working for me

Deleted member 103593

you can turn the radio off, rotate power button to 12'oclock and turn back on and will still be at original volume

romster1

Nov 26, 2016
W London
Ok, resetting the windows fixed the folding mirrors and the window closing feature!

The wing mirrors dipping when reversing has been fixed by resetting it and putting on the lhd setting. I'm a tad ocd with buttons and stuff so I always had it on the 0.

Side note, does anyone else get annoyed at the power button spinning when changing volume, causing it to be the wrong way or wonky? :think:

Hi devJord can you clarify how and what you reset to get the mirrors dipping when reversing. I've set mine to tilt in the car options and turned the mirror control to L but mine only tilt a few degrees so I still cant see the kerb. did you also have to adjust the passenger side mirror yourself so that you can then view the kerb and once you've done that do they then return to the normal driving position once you start driving again?
I've asked my dealer and even he is having trouble trying to get it to fully tilt.

BenH

Sep 16, 2016
Nottingham
Hi devJord can you clarify how and what you reset to get the mirrors dipping when reversing. I've set mine to tilt in the car options and turned the mirror control to L but mine only tilt a few degrees so I still cant see the kerb. did you also have to adjust the passenger side mirror yourself so that you can then view the kerb and once you've done that do they then return to the normal driving position once you start driving again?

I've asked my dealer and even he is having trouble trying to get it to fully tilt.

Put it in reverse with it set to L, manually adjust the mirror while in reverse and then it'll remember that as your 'reverse position' leave it on L and drive forwards I think it's over 5mph and it resets back to normal driving position. Once you go into reverse again it'll go back to that manual position you chose before

Odd that the dealer doesn't know what to do though haha

BenH

Sep 16, 2016
Nottingham
Put it in reverse with it set to L, manually adjust the mirror while in reverse and then it'll remember that as your 'reverse position' leave it on L and drive forwards I think it's over 5mph and it resets back to normal driving position. Once you go into reverse again it'll go back to that manual position you chose before

Odd that the dealer doesn't know what to do though haha

It's not so much a mirror tilt function, more a "mirror do what the F you want while in reverse" function, so you have to set it yourself to wherever that may be

romster1

Nov 26, 2016
W London
cheers BenHarris3
I told the guy at the dealership that I thought that's how it should be done but he called me only this morning to say that he couldn't get it to work so id asked him to check with seat and get back to me.

BenH

Sep 16, 2016
Nottingham
cheers BenHarris3
I told the guy at the dealership that I thought that's how it should be done but he called me only this morning to say that he couldn't get it to work so id asked him to check with seat and get back to me.

Nah that's definitely how it's done haha I have mine set to go wider and lower to get a full picture of the curb on the passenger side, resets again when I drive off, turn it to 0 or turn the ignition off

andrewpain

Jul 5, 2014
Meppershall Beds.
It's not so much a mirror tilt function, more a "mirror do what the F you want while in reverse" function, so you have to set it yourself to wherever that may be

well of course you have to set it yourself - how the **** would it know how far forward you have the seat, how tall you are, etc? once you set it to the correct dipped position, it's automatic.

BenH

Sep 16, 2016
Nottingham
well of course you have to set it yourself - how the **** would it know how far forward you have the seat, how tall you are, etc? once you set it to the correct dipped position, it's automatic.

Yeah I imagine when the dealer talks to Seat they'll just ask if he's ever read the manual of the car he's flogging haha

romster1

Nov 26, 2016
W London
Nah that's definitely how it's done haha I have mine set to go wider and lower to get a full picture of the curb on the passenger side, resets again when I drive off, turn it to 0 or turn the ignition off

yup pretty logical and simple why couldn't they just write that in the manual and yes the dealer , well mine has been pretty clueless I've learnt more on here in a few days than they have in years :)

BenH

Sep 16, 2016
Nottingham
yup pretty logical and simple why couldn't they just write that in the manual and yes the dealer , well mine has been pretty clueless I've learnt more on here in a few days than they have in years :)

Not sure if you've seen this thread but I found it had some things that I didn't know in it, plenty of helpful people round here, I'd always use this as a go-to before a dealer

Leon MK 3 Tips and Tricks

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur...&share_tid=432537&share_fid=1220&share_type=t

devJORD

OBD11 Wizard
Nov 14, 2014
Sorry for the late reply, but I did exactly what BenHarris said. It worked like a charm.

The dealers are useless, it's not uncommon for me to know more than the dealer. When I bought my Ibiza FR Black Edition the guy was trying to tell me that the black edition has black inside the headlights instead of silver. I spent quite awhile correcting him on this and saying it's ALL FRs.

BenH

Sep 16, 2016
Nottingham
Sorry for the late reply, but I did exactly what BenHarris said. It worked like a charm.

The dealers are useless, it's not uncommon for me to know more than the dealer. When I bought my Ibiza FR Black Edition the guy was trying to tell me that the black edition has black inside the headlights instead of silver. I spent quite awhile correcting him on this and saying it's ALL FRs.

Glad you've got it working :) if you need any other help with anything just post a thread and people will be happy to help

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.