SPA Design Gauges

Hector

I got round to finally getting some analogue gauges for the Leon. Oil temp & Boost, by SPA Design, delivered over the weekend.

Just awaiting a thread adaptor from the local motor factors - 1/8npt to M10/1 before anything can be fitted.

Oil temp is straightforward and matches the guides on here, as is all the wiring. Thing is, the Boost is electrical too so doesnt get connected to the Vac line from the DV. Instead theres a thick grey cable containing two wires from the gauge to a black plastic 'L' bend, which connects onto a supplied small metal cyliner pressure sensor (by Danfoss with the kit). This sensor has a screw thread (also 1/8npt so im getting another adaptor just in case) on the other end, that has to go somewhere in the engine/turbo.

Any ideas where? :confused:

I know its hard without any pictures but my camera is pants, ill get the womans and post up pics asap, but if anybody has these or similar gauges, any help would be much appreciated.

Oh, its a mk1 180, but i dont think that makes a difference!

Apr 24, 2007
W. yorkshire
oh mate i'd have stayed well away from digital boost gauges they are a ball ache to fit. always go with mechanical. much easier to fit and give you more confidence that they are correct.

Plus i couldn't justify spending that much mate but i hate gauges i only fitted on so i could see that my split r was set correctly

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.