Space saver question

cuprabod

Mar 24, 2003
Cheshire
Hi , I have a spacesaver spare wheel from my 2019 black edition 150 which has 18" wheels , will this fit a 2023 Cupra V1 150 , thanks

cod_ed

May 23, 2017
UK
What size is your space saver?

I have the one from my 2020 Cupra 300 4 drive and it's a direct swap as both cars have same size wheels and tyres.

I'd imagine with both of your cars having 18" wheels that it would be a direct swap.

I'm going to guess your space saver is 17"?

cuprabod

Mar 24, 2003
Cheshire
Thanks for the reply . I spoke to the parts dept at my local dealer and he said he was 90% sure it would fit and that when I give him the vin from my new vehicle he will confirm .

cod_ed

May 23, 2017
UK
Thanks for the reply . I spoke to the parts dept at my local dealer and he said he was 90% sure it would fit and that when I give him the vin from my new vehicle he will confirm .
That's exactly what I did to confirm the direct swap from one to the other, same part number 😁

Glad you got sorted 👍

cuprabod

Mar 24, 2003
Cheshire
I was at the dealers today and the parts guy said the spare wheel kit from my mk 3 was not compatible with mk4 cupra and gave me a quote for £400 to replace it ,so I am going to contact another dealership just to confirm this .

cod_ed

May 23, 2017
UK
I was at the dealers today and the parts guy said the spare wheel kit from my mk 3 was not compatible with mk4 cupra and gave me a quote for £400 to replace it ,so I am going to contact another dealership just to confirm this .
I can confirm the part number from my mk3 matched that of my 2023 part number.

I have also fitted the space saver to the car without issue and cross referenced all of the codes/numbers from the 2 offerings.

Appreciate this may not be the same for everybody and every model though.

It may be worth doing some digging and getting the actual numbers of the 2023 part and cross referencing with your wheel as I did. Took some trawling the net but was worth it 🙂

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.