Spare wheel Formentor

jsj

Aug 10, 2023
Hi, just taken delivery of a Formentor 1.5 DSG
The car was ordered with a spare wheel.
When the car was delivered no spare wheel.
Supplier admitted it was their fault for not including on the factory order. I am then told they cannot reto fit one because the software is different for a car without a spare wheel.Cupra customer services also confirmed this.Has anyone else had this problem?

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
Hi, just taken delivery of a Formentor 1.5 DSG
The car was ordered with a spare wheel.
When the car was delivered no spare wheel.
Supplier admitted it was their fault for not including on the factory order. I am then told they cannot reto fit one because the software is different for a car without a spare wheel.Cupra customer services also confirmed this.Has anyone else had this problem?
So what they are saying is that if you buy the official spare wheel kit from for example SEAT Motor Parts, Forum sponsor, it either in some way won't work or you need it coded to the car?
I'll be interested to hear their explanation!:unsure:

Reactions: Tell

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
I’d send the car they’ve given you back if it’s wrong, and ask for exactly what you ordered. Or ask for a discount.

Reactions: Seastormer

Tell

Staff member
You would expect them to make good their mistake. The Atecas when first launched didn't have after sales on the boot floor or wheel. The parts were just not sold so dealers had issues making good wrongly supplied cars since they couldn't source the parts. It may be like that with the Formentor and "software" is an excuse. That's all cleared up on the Ateca side now, boot floors, the foam, wheel etc are all sold separately.

Try posting up on the Formentor side to see whether it's happened to anybody else. Suspect so. Find out from Seat Motor Parts sponsor here whether they sell the parts and put it back to the dealer to sort out. The Ateca got a Heath Robinson solution posted up by one person at the time that the dealer gave. Odd bits of foam that Seat UK gave them. The inserts are probably interchangeable in the VAG brand. Not sure of the boot floor. This is where dealer parts catalogues comes in... parts are used across specific models. Like the Ateca suspect people want to upgrade their cars so suspect the parts exist now to order but you shouldn't pay. As for the software, that I reckon is an excuse.

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
You would expect them to make good their mistake. The Atecas when first launched didn't have after sales on the boot floor or wheel. The parts were just not sold so dealers had issues making good wrongly supplied cars since they couldn't source the parts. It may be like that with the Formentor and "software" is an excuse. That's all cleared up on the Ateca side now, boot floors, the foam, wheel etc are all sold separately.

Try posting up on the Formentor side to see whether it's happened to anybody else. Suspect so. Find out from Seat Motor Parts sponsor here whether they sell the parts and put it back to the dealer to sort out. The Ateca got a Heath Robinson solution posted up by one person at the time that the dealer gave. Odd bits of foam that Seat UK gave them. The inserts are probably interchangeable in the VAG brand. Not sure of the boot floor. This is where dealer parts catalogues comes in... parts are used across specific models. Like the Ateca suspect people want to upgrade their cars so suspect the parts exist now to order but you shouldn't pay. As for the software, that I reckon is an excuse.
There is an official spare wheel kit (assuming the car isn't an hybrid). Part # for one without Beats is ZGBBOM224SE.
The only thing I can think of which would cause a 'software' issue, is if the Tormenter has full TPMS with sensors in the wheels. Dunno if it does; most SEATS I've met use the ABS sensors.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
There is an official spare wheel kit (assuming the car isn't an hybrid). Part # for one without Beats is ZGBBOM224SE.
The only thing I can think of which would cause a 'software' issue, is if the Tormenter has full TPMS with sensors in the wheels. Dunno if it does; most SEATS I've met use the ABS sensors.

The owner’s manual suggests the Formentor also uses the same indirect TPMS as most (if not all) other VAG brand
cars;

IMG_0283.jpeg

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members