Spare Wheel / Space Saver

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Just a suggestion but - I would make sure a full size wheel will fit in the back of the car before investing in a space saver.
If you can't get a full size wheel in the back of the car - what will you do with it when you take it off the car ?

ozzrahog

Jun 24, 2018
Just a suggestion but - I would make sure a full size wheel will fit in the back of the car before investing in a space saver.
If you can't get a full size wheel in the back of the car - what will you do with it when you take it off the car ?
Stick it in the boot until you get to the garage?

Reactions: Peyton
Feb 9, 2021
There will be room unless your boot is full of luggage etc but that’s much the same as most cars these days. Think about two seater sports cars with a space saver if you have a puncture the only place to put the full size wheel is on the passenger seat, not so handy when you have to make the choice of leaving the wheel or the passenger at the side of the road.

Reactions: Agnes.Surrey

Sns171

Sep 17, 2021
Can anyone post a picture of the space saver in the V2? I'm trying to get a space saver but there isn't much information on the wheel/tyre combination.

peterlcarter

May 22, 2013
See photo, I run the V2 with the 19" wheels, no brembo brakes.
Bought a new Leon MK4 jack kit (L Shape) for £ 50.00 off Ebay as the Formentor jack kits are over £ 200.00 and this fits in the boot space but is tight.

Attachments

• 374.jpg
    374.jpg
    848.6 KB · Views: 134

Sns171

Sep 17, 2021
See photo, I run the V2 with the 19" wheels, no brembo brakes.
Bought a new Leon MK4 jack kit (L Shape) for £ 50.00 off Ebay as the Formentor jack kits are over £ 200.00 and this fits in the boot space but is tight.
Many Thanks. Just to clarify, this is the space saver for the Leon but it's the same as the one that is used for the Formentor?

Sns171

Sep 17, 2021
Ah, right. So it sounds like I need to get a 125/70 18 space saver from, say an Ateca. They seem to be pretty standard from what I can tell as the Formentor ones seem to be extortionate? Where did you get your spare from?

Last edited: