Speaker wires / schematics

Kryton

Feb 28, 2023
Hi all,
I have a 2010 Ibiza Cupra. Amongst other things, i'm in the process of changing the stereo. I've installed an Xtrons carplay unit (car didn't come with a radio) and been trying to sus out why theres no audio to 2 of the left speakers. It turns out the previous owner had cut the connectors off. I've managed to source the connectors so I can splice back in but could someone please confirm:

Which wire is positive & which is negative for r/n/s (wires are just loose at the minute)
Which wires at the a pillar feed the tweeter, positive & negative. These have been cut back to the loom so unsure which 2 wires are needed

thanks in advance

Chris

Kryton

Feb 28, 2023
Think im about to answer my own question.
Rear left speaker is brown with green strip -, red with green stripe +
Front tweeter is brown with blue stripe -, blue +

Courtesy of trawling through ebay speaker listings then using some common sense. Now at least I know which wires to hunt for at the a pillar

Kryton

Feb 28, 2023
Possibly if you don’t mind. I’m pretty sure I’ve sussed it but would be handy to cross reference it before I go hacking up a wire which turns out it’s for something important

Jpbroad1970

Jul 11, 2022
They are on a larger pdf as it's the full set for ibiza 90mb not sure how to share it for you, if you pm I might be able to share from my Google drive

Kryton

Feb 28, 2023
Ok thanks. If you don’t want to share Google drive then I often use wetransfer.com
Don’t worry at the minute and I will try what I think then report back but if you could share if I have no joy, it would be really appreciated. Saves you some messing about potentially unnecessarily
Cheers

Jpbroad1970

Jul 11, 2022
No worries it's whole car electrics so worth while. Happy to share if needed, worth while purchase for my mods lol

Kryton

Feb 28, 2023
Ha ha I can imagine. I do the usual of buy a car to keep standard & end up ordering stuff before it’s even home. At least with this I’ve admitted defeat right from the off

Kryton

Feb 28, 2023
Tackled the speakers today and now have 6 working as it should so no diagrams needed. Thanks for your help

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members