SPEC Stage 3+ Clutch - does this look normal?

Jun 29, 2001
Surrey
I was going to sell this clutch but it looks like 2 of the prongs are snapped. The thing is, the edges where the prongs used to be look clean and don't like they've sheared off. It's looks to me like they've either been removed on purpose or the clutch was made this way. Can anyone confirm this either way for me please?

31072009074.jpg

31072009073.jpg

Jun 29, 2001
Surrey
Cheers Keith. I know it might have been asking the obvious, it's just that nothing fell out of the bell housing when it was removed and thought it was also strange that the prongs were exactly opposite each other and had smooth edges where they've sheared off.

Keith@APR

May 9, 2006
www.goapr.com
Cheers Keith. I know it might have been asking the obvious, it's just that nothing fell out of the bell housing when it was removed and thought it was also strange that the prongs were exactly opposite each other and had smooth edges where they've sheared off.

Ya know what? You are exactly right! Its been awhile since I've seen their + line of clutches and forgot that nearly all Stage 1 spec clutches have those 2 short splines which is also true of their + line as well. They shorten those splines to make the pedal feel lighter.

Here's a pic for reference:

spec%20clutch.jpg

Looks like you are good to go and I apologize for steering you wrong!

Jun 29, 2001
Surrey
Excellent!

Thanks for confirming that for me Keith. That sorts that one out.
Looks like I can sell it after all.

Cheers again Keith.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.