"Dude I almost had you"
May 23, 2013
Stapleford, Notts
Heads up on cameras would be great just for this alone, lol

image_zps42e26d93.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Suicida1 Zombie

Mar 19, 2013
I've just ordered a New Leon FR 2.0 TDI 150, anyone know if its possible to get Speed trap updates for the Navigation system?

With it being ilegal in some european countries I doubt it (Especially when all the Sat Nav info in on the SD card).

It shows a little speed-limit sign in the top left of the screen all the time though......

Marve

Apr 20, 2013
It shows a little speed-limit sign in the top left of the screen all the time though......

I also liked that when I drove from France into Belgium that it told me I had changed country and what the standard speed limits were for motorways, a-roads etc in the country I was entering.

Suicida1 Zombie

Mar 19, 2013
It is really good but I think due to it being a car aimed quite widely at the 'European' market they dont want to put anything in/on the car that could break any rules.

G.P

Sep 3, 2011
Worcestershire
It is really good but I think due to it being a car aimed quite widely at the 'European' market they dont want to put anything in/on the car that could break any rules.

True, but as the car would know where it was/is, it would be very easy for the unit not to alert of camera's when not allowed to..

dw911

Mar 30, 2013
You could just stick to the speed limits:D
O and don't forget to hog the middle lane or sit in the outside lane at 62 mph pretending your a traffic cop and doing a public service ####:censored:

But seriously, while trying to find out what the nav unit model number is on my mk3 so I can fit a rear veiw camera, someone sent me a download from the map maker that seems to have speed camera locations on it.
I haven't tried it yet on my unit for fear of it not being compatible as its ment for a slightly different VW unit, but once I research it a bit more I'll try it and if it works I'll post it on here

Walpurgis

Feb 5, 2013
An alternative is to get a camera warning app for a smartphone such as CamerAlert which is available for iOS and Android. They charge £19.99 a year to keep the database up-to-date but issue frequent updates based on crowd-sourced info. I have used the version for TomToms for several years.

I see that there is another one for Android, but I have no experience of it.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.