Speed limit on display?

Matt_Cardiff

Dec 19, 2019
On my Mark 3 Leon I could quickly check the speed limit of a road by pressing Nav and it would be on the display.

It doesn’t seem to be on the Nav for the new Leon, is there a setting somewhere where I can display speed limits?

Deleted member 123864

Have you traffic sign recognition? The speed limit is displayed on the digital dash

Matt_Cardiff

Dec 19, 2019
Have you traffic sign recognition? The speed limit is displayed on the digital dash
I think so because it auto brakes when it sees signs, but I’m not actually seeing a speed limit on the display anywhere? It’s an FR.

Philk

Nov 19, 2020
If you don't have traffic sign recognition, you can still see the recorded speed limits for the roads within the Nav function. You have to switch on one of the settings and that then permanently will display (on the large Nav screen) the speed limit of the road you are driving on. Obviously, it does not know about temporary speed changes or if a speed limit changes and the map is out of date (which is the advantages of the separate traffic sign recognition system).

Deleted member 123864

Press the car icon on the central display. Go to Driver Alerts under Assistants. Do you have Dynamic Road Sign Display listed here? If not, you don’t have TSR

andylong

Jan 21, 2021
Even with traffic sign recognition you will only know if you pass the sign when it is not obscured by vehicles or undergrowth etc.
There are large areas where there are no signs, built up areas for example.
Don't rely on it.

Matt_Cardiff

Dec 19, 2019
If you don't have traffic sign recognition, you can still see the recorded speed limits for the roads within the Nav function. You have to switch on one of the settings and that then permanently will display (on the large Nav screen) the speed limit of the road you are driving on. Obviously, it does not know about temporary speed changes or if a speed limit changes and the map is out of date (which is the advantages of the separate traffic sign recognition system).
Do you know what the setting is please? This is what I’m looking for.

TSR does come up when I drive past a sign, but not that helpful as I can see the sign myself.

I’m looking for a constant display of the speed limit like the previous model did on the sat Nav. I used to find that helpful when I was driving somewhere I wasn’t familiar with.

dan555

Sep 29, 2020
You mean like this
IMG_20210108_123135.jpg

Its in the navigation settings, can't remember the exact menu but there's only 3 to choose from

dan555

Sep 29, 2020
Just checked it's

Navigation Settings > Route guidance (scroll to bottom) > Road signs (ignition needs to be on)

IMG_20210408_182612.jpg

dan555

Sep 29, 2020
Does your “Warning at over” keep reverting back to 0 like mine?
Not on the navigation one, but on the TSR one in the driver assist settings, yes.

I don't know what causes it, seems to happen once a month

SEALen1

Apr 18, 2021
Sweden
I have TSR on and when I pass a speed sign it displays in the dash. But after a short while it will display the speed from the GPS map instead (I think) because it changes to a speed that used to be on that road a while back (they changed it from 50 km/h to 40 km/h in November last year). This is no biggie I guess but a bit annoying. I mean I just passed a 40 sign and it was displayed but just a few seconds later it changes this to 50 (probably from the GPS map speed).

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.