Stage 1 Boost pressure?

Sooty33

Hi,

Just had my car remapped by AMD, produces 258 bhp now so very happy. Car runs great and can definatly feel the difference.

Before the map my boost gauge was peaking at 1.4 bar holding at around 1.2 bar, now it peaks at 1.5/6 bar and holds at 1.4/3 bar

Just wondering if these readings are good and all is well.

Like i said have no issues so far with the car and am buzzing about my new power.

Other mods include; Badger 5 TIP 80mm, 007p (yellow spring), Jetex Cone filter and Heatshield.

Thanks guys

seatcupramad23

kc4even23
Sep 7, 2009
birmingham
just looking at boost pressure is too simplistic, as some stage 2 lcr run less boost than that achieving more power , you have consider n75 position also and timing anf fuel, all depends who maps your car , tuners are all different .

mine on stage 1 intially ran 270 bhp with 306ft/lbs of torque peaking at 1.6 bar and holding at 1.3 bar , with n75 postion on WOT was 90-95%,

then after fitting relentless manifold no tweaking to the map , made 283bhp and 293 ft/lbs running less boost at 1.4bar but still holding 1.3bar but crucially n75 position drop was 71-75% on WOT

Sooty33

Ok i understand, just bit worried that the turbo was being over worked. thanks for your reply.

Sorry im abit of a novice with n75, its ny first turbo car and my first map.

What does the n75 do etc

thanks

seatcupramad23

kc4even23
Sep 7, 2009
birmingham
the n75 controls the boost , 1.6 bar ain't too bad only when it starts to hit 1.8-2 bar then get worried , what kills these turbos are oil starvation and not being warmed up and cooled down properly , in my opinion oil pressure gauge is more important on these cars then putting boost gauge

Sooty33

Ah i see,

Thanks you've put my mind at rest, i can now enjoy the car with no concerns.

Yea i put a dual pod in with boost and oil pressure. Though it was good one to have.

Cheers for you help

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.