Start/Stop

Stegor

Jul 17, 2011
Anyone know how the start stop works with the DSG?
On the manual the engine stops when you lift the clutch in neutral (I think) and then starts when you depress the clutch. This is good as you can easily choose not to have it stop by leaving your foot pressed on the clutch, but in the DSG there is no clutch (obviously).

EndlessNameless

Keep it Maximum
Jun 26, 2012
In an Audi, it stops the engine when you come to a stand with your foot on the brake (put it in neutral and it'll start the engine). I imagine it'll be the same on a VW/Seat/Skoda.

JK1

May 15, 2002
Bedford
Visit site
I travelled in a work colleagues Merc that had this 'feature' gave me the creeps, will be the first thing I turn off if/when I get mine

kugaman1

Mar 6, 2013
Aberdeenshire
I had it in my bmw, also my wifes ford ka.
Its quite normal once you get used to it.
Funny tho, the bmw version was very picky as to when it would kick in.
The ford version kicked in no matter what!
Normally they need the outside temp to be above a certain figure, the climate to be off, the engine to be hot, headlights off, etc, etc.

I wonder what restrictions the Seat system will have?

Andy

Stegor

Jul 17, 2011
In an Audi, it stops the engine when you come to a stand with your foot on the brake (put it in neutral and it'll start the engine). I imagine it'll be the same on a VW/Seat/Skoda.

So what happens if you don't put it in neutral?

EndlessNameless

Keep it Maximum
Jun 26, 2012
The engine will stop if you stay in D whilst stationary with your foot on the brake. Come off the brake and it'll start.

(Based on what an Audi does)

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.