Stealth Remaps.

Wheely

Nov 19, 2003
The Sou' West
Visit site
Just a quick question out of interest......

Revo advertises the fact that its remap is totally invisible to dealer/vagcom/etc etc -- a true stealth upgrade (apart from the throttle).

Jabba do not mention the stealth aspect - so my question is it as invisible as the other mans ???

Its just the Leon is itching for some more go...............................

Revo Kev

www.onlyrevo.com
Feb 24, 2003
www.onlyrevo.com
All maps are detectable if you have the correct equipement, with Revo in stock mode though there's no way of current VAG diagnostic equipment being able to see any differences. With any fixed map all they have to do is monitor load/boost requests!

Just a quick question out of interest......

Revo advertises the fact that its remap is totally invisible to dealer/vagcom/etc etc -- a true stealth upgrade (apart from the throttle).

Jabba do not mention the stealth aspect - so my question is it as invisible as the other mans ???

I've been wondering the same myself as I'm keen for more pull, spoke to Jabba who said that most maps are detectable even in stock mode because when the programs return to stock "essentially all they do is return the boost mapping to normal levels" so I guess any further code is still visible with the right diagnostics.

I understand though that the Revo is the least visible to dealers etc....

...please correct me if I'm worng anyone, sadly my knowledge of ECU programming is somewhat questionable!!! :redface:

schnipps

Apr 17, 2006
Well put it this way im putting mine in for a service soon and im not turning revo off, they wont notice, seat dealers even offer revo on some of their used cars when you buy them, they arent going to invalidate the warranty because of it. If they want to find it they will regardless of if its tunred off or not, just liek insurance people could find it.

Hairy

Oct 17, 2004
Wiltshire
If a dealer wanted to be able to check for REVO on cars that come in for engine warranty work surely all they would need is an SPS2 or 3, then set the SPS for 'immobiliser on', if the car no longer starts it has been REVO'ed, if it has no effect it's not REVO'ed

Last edited:

Ibiza Cupra

If a dealer wanted to be able to check for REVO on cars that come in for engine warranty work surely all they would need is an SPS2 or three 3, then set the SPS for 'immobiliser on', if the car no longer starts it has been REVO'ed, if it has no effect it's not REVO'ed
Yeah but that would only apply to revo map. Loads of companies do remaps.

schnipps

Apr 17, 2006
i know of someone who had his done by revo and had a problem and seat uk tested the ecu and found revo stamped on the ecu

so be carefull if you need to make a clam

Dont say things like that it worrries me :p , how can you be carefull though, if it goes in for waranty work then it goes in there isnt anything you can do really.

Ibiza Cupra

Well unless you get SEAT to do the revo then yes it will affect your warranty!!!!!

Well if your wheel falls off or your suspension f*cks up then probably not, but if your turbo gives up then they'll probably put this down to running to much boost ie remap therefore you will have to fork out for a new turbo!!!!

but this is one reason why i wouldn't mod a new car!!! Unless you can put it back to std with ease in cases like this!!!

schnipps

Apr 17, 2006
So does getting a remap have any affect on the warranty?

How long is a piece of string? Most dealers aren't bothered, nearly any would even notice anyway. Some dealers encourage remaps. But then there is always the chance they might and it might cause a problem. Unless they have to start seriously tinkering with your ecu etc i cant see a problem atall, or say if you had clutch problems its probably best to disable revo if you took it in for somethign like that. Aside for that unless mine went in for something serious under warranty i wouldnt turn it off.

When i bought mine the main dealer offered to get it done for me. With revo you can turn it off if needs be which you cant with most others, so it doesn give you extra piece of mind. Of course its a risk though, but what isnt.

Wheely

Nov 19, 2003
The Sou' West
Visit site
Ta for replies.

Never easy is it !!!!

I was seriously thinking about popping into Jabba on my way to Kent this Saturday (before Sundays BTCC). From my research so far I was hoping that not only was this cheaper than some equivilants, but maybe one of the better ones for the PD150 clutch (less aggressive at the lower rev range).

But I wouldnt want to risk warranty (car is a mid '04 plate) issues - especially as some members have had turbo's & clutch issues etc etc within their warranty period (regardless of remaps).

So now the Revo idea seems more appealing (simply because you can switch it to stock) - but is it the more aggressive of the bunch ?? or can it be toned down (not as far as I'm aware).

Ah well, back to more feckin dithering.

MARK

schnipps

Apr 17, 2006
Ta for replies.

Never easy is it !!!!

I was seriously thinking about popping into Jabba on my way to Kent this Saturday (before Sundays BTCC). From my research so far I was hoping that not only was this cheaper than some equivilants, but maybe one of the better ones for the PD150 clutch (less aggressive at the lower rev range).

But I wouldnt want to risk warranty (car is a mid '04 plate) issues - especially as some members have had turbo's & clutch issues etc etc within their warranty period (regardless of remaps).

So now the Revo idea seems more appealing (simply because you can switch it to stock) - but is it the more aggressive of the bunch ?? or can it be toned down (not as far as I'm aware).

Ah well, back to more feckin dithering.

MARK

Cant be toned down, i wouldnt say it was agressive, you get more pull in gears but its not ridiculous. Revo is a huge company tried and tested software, if it clapped clutches out left right and centre they wouldnt sell it. Im not saying the odd one doesnt get effected but revo dont market the software as needing an uprated clutch.

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
id still talk to jabba as they can map as you wish clutchwise.

they may have ideas on switching the map off too.

as soon as my local dealer saw the dynatwist induction he refused to help with anything . mine wasnt in warrenty so no issue there.

but there are other dealers out there who may be better..

id guess that if they were hell bent on finding a remap they would, even revo..

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members