Stereo Advice

Jun 14, 2020
Hi all,

Just picked up a 2001 Toledo V5. It has a CD multichanger in the glovebox and an aftermarket Sony single din CD player as the head unit.

The head unit is damaged and does not work. The CD multichanger is not responding if I try to eject the cartridge,.

Couple of questions -

What is the original head unit called or model number if I wanted to try and return to original?
Is it likely the CD autochanger is not working owing to the wrong head unit, or would it be able to eject the cartridge regardless or the head unit?

Thanks all!

chriswales6

Mar 2, 2016
Welcome to the forum, you may find a bit more life and possible answers in the MK1 Leon section. Since the MK2 Toledo and MK1 Leon are much the same car.

My 2003 Leon came with the Seat AURA head unit and an aftermarket Sony multi changer in the glove box. I'd guess the Toledo would've also come with the same head unit. I wasn't happy with the setup and changed it, but forgot about the CDs in the auto changer. This was back in 2006 so I went into the nearest car stereo shop and asked very nicely if they could remove the CDs. Not sure there's many of those shops around now. But if you do a Google search on the auto changer you may find out how to get the CDs out.

Personally if I was replacing a head unit now it would be with a Bluetooth and SD card reader one. Since they're now cheap as chips and much more useful.

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
Welcome to the site, as said above save yourself all the hassle and get yourself a blue tooth head unit. Then load all your favourite songs onto your phone and everytime you get into your car tour headunit will pair with your phone and play music.

Toledo20VT

May 29, 2013
Kent
Yep, I got an Aura in my Toledo too. I think the cars that came with CD changers came with head units with cassette decks though.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.