SteveMK4's Ibiza MK4 1.2

SteveMk4

5 Door 1.2
Dec 10, 2012
Laois, Ireland
Hi guys, Here we have my Aqua Green MK4.
This is my second mk4 and decided to go for a 4 door this time after my 3 door.

Mods will be kept subtle and not OTT. Planning on keeping it as OEM looking as possible.

I have no pics of how the car looked when I got it but lets just say completely standard.

Will paste up a list of mods here.
Done:
Alloys fitted(being refurbed)
Windows Tinted
Red Cupra vent clips
Aftermarket Radio fitted
Radio and cubby hole places reversed.
Coilovers Fitted. Prosports dropped 80mm all round
Nurburgring sticker on rear bumper
Debadging
Seat covers fitted
Cupra Handbrake
New gear gaitor(cupra style)
Wind deflectors front and back
Aux in cable for ipod fitted
Carbon wrapped centre console, door handles and a few other bits.
Stickerbomb engine bay and battery cover.
Custom strut brace fitted
Honeycomb fr Grilles

To Do:
Vanaaken windscreen sticker
Aero rear diffuser
Pre facelift FR grills(all)
VR6 splitter
Chrome handbrake button
Re fit parts after mot (Front tints, tinted banner, rear coils, strut brace)
Gloss black roof wrap,
Get rid of rattling sound in cabin.
Possible new seats like formula sport or TT leather
Touch ups of paintwork and de tar
Detail

Pictures and thread will be updated again by the end of April when im back on my feet :)

Last edited:

SteveMk4

5 Door 1.2
Dec 10, 2012
Laois, Ireland
Windows tinted:

photo.php

SAM_0306_zps8582b57e.jpg.html

SAM_0308_zps2fa56a9d.jpg.html

Medium tints on rear windows, windscreen banner and rear window. Light tint on front windows

http://s1141.beta.photobucket.com/user/SteveM1988/media/SAM_0308_zps2fa56a9d.jpg.html

http://s1141.beta.photobucket.com/user/SteveM1988/media/SAM_0307_zps34a58edd.jpg.html

http://s1141.beta.photobucket.com/user/SteveM1988/media/SAM_0306_zps8582b57e.jpg.html

Last edited:

SteveMk4

5 Door 1.2
Dec 10, 2012
Laois, Ireland
It appears that I still cant post images even though I have reached more than 15 posts. Guess i will still have to wait for the 15 days to pass before they become visible.

Will add them as external links instead :)

SteveMk4

5 Door 1.2
Dec 10, 2012
Laois, Ireland
Cupra Vent Clips and Sony CD player fitted.
SAM_0316_zpsa07200e9.jpg

Swapped the Din so that the radio is on the bottom and Cubby hole is on top. I like this mod because its cheap and when its sunny it reduces glare on the CD player
SAM_0315_zps4f7b8c5e.jpg

SAM_0311_zpsd6b01239.jpg

Also added chrome strip under heater controls and have dead switch for sound system yet to be fitted.

SteveMk4

5 Door 1.2
Dec 10, 2012
Laois, Ireland
Cant delete previous post and figured out how to post images so again here is the window tints:

SAM_0306_zps8582b57e.jpg

Went with a short banner which is also tinted. Didnt go over the top as dont want to attract unwanted attention. Just covers the top 7 inches of the window and keeps glare to a minimum.
SAM_0307_zps34a58edd.jpg

Better view of the windows at the side:
SAM_0308_zps2fa56a9d.jpg

Notice the front hub caps removed? Explination to follow in the next post

SteveMk4

5 Door 1.2
Dec 10, 2012
Laois, Ireland
Driving down the road the other day when I heard a bang. Got out and looked at the car and it sat 2 inches lower on one side than the other. Car was brought home and on further inspection this was the damage:
SAM_0320_zps890b8527.jpg

Coilys were never in the pipeline but seizing on an opportunity where they were almost as cheap as new front shocks and springs it would be foolish not to. A quick phone call to FK Performance in sligo and the lads sorted me out with new F coilovers. They arrived 3 days later but unfortunately a mistake led to me getting 6K parts rather than 6L. Another phone calls and the lads apologised and arranged to send me out new ones. May be after Xmas now due to busy postage around the Christmas period.

Heres the mistaken coilovers:
SAM_0318_zps3f8b1b53.jpg

And of course I cant drop the car on standard hubs. A quick trip to my shed and I picked up my old M4's wheels. A bit grubby as they are dirty at the minute but thinking anthracite paint job once there cleaned.
SAM_0319_zpsbd148b5a.jpg

Wheels were originally silver and sprayed black. Then decided I didnt like black and went with Championship White instead. Now Iv decided that white doesnt go well with the green so going to sand the wheels down and go with Gunmetal/anthracite to keep the dark tones of the car. Will do a mock up on photoshop of wheels soon

SteveMk4

5 Door 1.2
Dec 10, 2012
Laois, Ireland
One last update and im up to date as to how the car is now.

Random bits and bobs:
SAM_0317_zps974d2fdc.jpg

Cupra sticker on windscreen mirror

SAM_0314_zps1b2b51e9.jpg

Ripspeed gear knob and gaitor. Had to take these to replace with standard ones on my old car. Pity as I much preferred them. May change for Sport model or cupra eventually.

SAM_0312_zps036482a6.jpg

Dingy red Handbrake cover that also had to be changed. Dislike this and hoping to change in the near future and also get chrome handbrake button.

SAM_0309_zps08b100b8.jpg

Cupra sticker on both wing mirrors. Impressed with these for such a cheap and simple mod.

IF its not raining tomorrow I plan on getting the boot door debadged. Have 2 of the cupra stickers left if anybody wants them?

Also Vinyl black roof. Yay or Nay?

SteveMk4

5 Door 1.2
Dec 10, 2012
Laois, Ireland
A bout of insomnia has seen me spend the best part of the night buying some goodies for myself. Flip key remote, bee sting ariel, lights for the footwell and a Vag-com....

Goodies due in around xmas time but as I said Coilovers will be my main priority over the next few weeks. (had to borrow front shocks off my spare car)

Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
do the world a favor and dump the the handbrake cover and gear knob, hell i might even have my old handbrake cover in the garage if you want it, much better than that monster,

nice colour on the car tho :p

SteveMk4

5 Door 1.2
Dec 10, 2012
Laois, Ireland
do the world a favor and dump the the handbrake cover and gear knob, hell i might even have my old handbrake cover in the garage if you want it, much better than that monster,

nice colour on the car tho :p

Haha yeah, I had them on my old car and somebody wanted the standard ones so had to swap them around. Next on the shopping list is a cupra handbrake cover with a chrome button and a seat sport gear knob and new gaitor as well :)

Thanks lad, not too often to see the Agwa green cars getting much attention :)

You still interested in the wind deflectors lad?

Sure am Dave, sorry just getting back to you now. Been hectic and had nothing but little trouble with the car the past 2 weeks. Will give you a text later on, if not it will be tomorrow thanks buddy :)

Fitted my coilies yesterday but the lack of a camera means I couldnt take pics. Cars been in getting a full service today so hopefully get a proper run in it tonight. Also mods will be scarce for the next 2 months as im getting the car ready for the NCT and first on the shopping list is a set of tyres for the alloys :)

SteveMk4

5 Door 1.2
Dec 10, 2012
Laois, Ireland
Sure am Dave, sorry just getting back to you now. Been hectic and had nothing but little trouble with the car the past 2 weeks. Will give you a text later on, if not it will be tomorrow thanks buddy :)QUOTE]

No bother text me whenever :) what tyres you thinking?

Im thinking 205 45 r16. Dont want a huge wall but also want some comfort aswell as since I fitted the coilies the ride is fairly solid even on steelies.

Car serviced and luckily no major problems. Thought my engine was dying but luckily it was just a relay going to the ignition so wasnt as hard on my pocket as first feared. Really gotta kick my ass into gear next week and get them wheels cleaned up and on the car.

First job is shorter droplinks for the front coilovers as the replacement ones wernt short enough and rub off the driveshaft which isnt ideal. Hopefully will sorce some tomorrow and can get a proper run about in the car. Doubt there will be any more mods then until Feburary after she goes through NCT. Stubby ariel has been lost in the post by the looks of it and decals wont be fitted for another few weeks until wheels are on otherwise it will look ridiculous.

SteveMk4

5 Door 1.2
Dec 10, 2012
Laois, Ireland
About time I got some more pics up. Work has been slow the last 2 weeks. Gettting the car ready for its NCT and also been working on sanding down the wheels and repairing any kerbing done to them.

Anyway heres a few pics of the Prosport Coilys fitted:
(car is as high as possible on them as I live in a hilly area and when lower it was scrubbing a lot)

2013-01-16132549.jpg

2013-01-16132555.jpg

2013-01-16132603.jpg

2013-01-16132609.jpg

Alloys and tyres to be fitted in the next few weeks and also debadging with a difference and also Vanaaken and Nurburgring stickers fitted. Next dry day will involve fitting seat covers as its impossible to find cupra seats in Ireland :)

SteveMk4

5 Door 1.2
Dec 10, 2012
Laois, Ireland
Don't give up, I got formula sport seats for mine :D

I seen them, there sweet seats mate. Alloys fitted and then maybe new bushes and an ARB and i will be happy for a while. Will be keeping a look out for seats and also looking at sourcing a front cupra bumper, FR grilles and an Aero rear and oval exhaust. But in no rush for all that.

Also registered to go back to college next year so that could hit the finances over the next few years. Wont be too far from you Dave :p

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.