Stevoz03's Mk5 Ibiza Cupra 1.4 TSI

Sep 2, 2010
Leeds
Well hello everyone, been on this forum for a few years now as some of you may know, posting here and there but never actually got round to making my own RR thread. There's no time like the present so thought I'd get my own one started.

So here she is, my 2010 Ibiza Cupra. (still yet to be named) Got her brand spanking new late April 2010 and haven't looked back since, love the car so much it really is my pride and joy. It was a nice upgrade from my last car which was a 2004 Volkswagen Golf Mk5 1.6 SE! A lot faster too. Chose this for a number of reasons, mainly because of the performance, good looks, cheap running costs (cheap tax and insurance) decent MPG ect ect. The only two options I got with the car were the panoramic sunroof and the bi-xenon headlights which really set the car off. In hindsight I wish i'd got the "racing-brakes" aswell but that can all be sorted in the future.

Here's a few pics of the car as standard not long after I got her at a mates house after a quick wash...

IMG_0079_zps54c4c7bf.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_0076_zpsfafb8a2c.jpg

IMG_0075_zpsba08e6c7.jpg

Really wish I took more pics when I first got her but was just too keen to get in and drive!

The car remained standard for around a year till the modding bug bit hard. The first few mods were the rear tailgate spoiler, Revo stage 1 remap and KW V1 coilovers.

IMG_0198_zps5ee0710b.jpg

Just a wee teaser of the coilovers before they were fitted :p

After fitting.....

IMG_0265_zps3400690d.jpg

The car was absolutely slammed when I got her back... It's been raised to a more sensible ride height at the moment. The suspension and remap upgrades have really transformed the car and made it into quite a beast! Can easily show up Corsa/Astra VXR's ect.... on private roads obviously haha :whistle,

Here's a few more pics of the car I took this morning when it was sunny (which is pretty rare where I live haha)

IMG_0646_zps00c01cf5.jpg

IMG_0645_zps3e2158e2.jpg

IMG_0637_zps066594ae.jpg

IMG_0660_zps4bb7f5eb.jpg

IMG_0643_zps038fd15a.jpg

IMG_0639_zps09ffd2d2.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_0638_zps366ddc05.jpg

IMG_0653_zps969fe641.jpg

IMG_0635_zps80dbca8a.jpg

IMG_0641_zpsbb55355d.jpg

IMG_0644_zpsbdfe339a.jpg

IMG_0647_zps8ec944dd.jpg

Apologies for the poor Iphone pics, gonna borrow my girlfriends Nikon D3100 for some proper good pics.

As this is a Seat forum I thought why not include my mum's 1.4 Sport ..... lol

IMG_0668_zps7e3d9378.jpg

IMG_0661_zpsa77246ed.jpg

IMG_0664_zps48716c73.jpg

IMG_0674_zps35cc5376.jpg

IMG_0667_zps591f791a.jpg

IMG_0671_zps7aec61ff.jpg

IMG_0669_zpscff62198.jpg

IMG_0672_zps70063478.jpg

IMG_0663_zps96bc1df2.jpg

I've managed to kerb both my front and rear left hand side wheels over the months so thats another thing on the "to do" list along with a bad stone chip on the front splitter [:@]

IMG_0650_zps3bb7473a.jpg

Mods done so far as of *23/09/12*

- Rear tailgate spoiler
- KW V1 coilovers
- NGK platinum spark plugs
- Revo stage 1 ecu remap
- Forge Motorsport BOV
- L.E.D daytime running lights

Future mods I have planned

- Tarox 323mm discs and 6-piston calipers
- ITG Maxogen induction kit
- Silicone hose kit
- Okada plasma coil packs
- Milltek full turbo-back exhaust system with sports cat
- Revo stage 2 ECU remap
- Uprated front mount intercooler (maybe oil cooler and radiator too)
- Fully polybushed
- Whiteline 24mm rear anti-roll bar
- H & R 15/20mm wheel spacers
- Hybrid turbo set-up eventually
- Mechanical limited slip diff
- Uprated clutches to handle more power
- INA engineering rebore to 1700cc and a ported and polish cylinder head
- Forged engine internals
- Lighter single mass flywheel

Can't see that last 6 on that list happening for AGES though....

Some other stuff thats needing done

- Stone chips repaired
- Wheels refurbed and powdercoated (I'm thinking either black or anthracite!?)
- Full geometry set-up (camber, wheel alignment and corner weighting)
- Maybe a dyno session to see what power/torque she's running.

Feel free to give me any ideas or opinions you might have as I like hearing people's thought on what im doing ect and i'll try and keep this thread updated as often as I can! I'll finish up with a few more of the engine bay and interior.

IMG_0659_zpsd0eccd02.jpg

IMG_0615_zpsdae33890.jpg

IMG_0654_zps1a440c0c.jpg

IMG_0656_zps3abb814c.jpg

IMG_0096_zpsec7c78c5.jpg

Last edited:

Lukeyy

Apr 10, 2012
Watford
Very nice car mate love the colour! :) how life with the coilovers? I was tempted but I just got 25/30mm lowering springs but I might be looking into collies in the future. Do you recommend and were they at a good price? Other quick question has your ngk spark plugs solved any misfire issues? I need to get some unrated ones. Do you recommend and have a link for them? Mine has had one or two misfires since its been mapped but only when gunning it at 7,000rpm :p cheers Luke :)

Sep 2, 2010
Leeds
Cheers guys, yeah there aint many of us yellow ones about Yaue10! I'll check out your RR thread see what you've been doing with yours. The only bad thing about the colour is the tar spots show up so easily against it and are a night mare to get off!!

Lukeyy, yeah i'd recommend a set of coilies I went for KW V1's but there a loads of other ones I got lucky when KW made a mistake and got the delivery wrong for mine so they ended up upgrading mine to V1 Inox-lines for no extra charge! They look good and make the car handle better but the ride is really harsh! Aye the NGK plugs are good they don't completely sort the missfiring issue but I've never had a serious one and ain't had the EML light flash up either, the part number for them is BKR7EIX and iirc you can get them for about £35 off eurocarparts.com

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2010
Leeds
I think an update is long overdue!

Well since last time not done that much to her, although the wheels have been refurbished and powdercoated gloss black and I have had the wheel alignment including camber and castor all sorted out plus got the suspension all corner weighted. Made a good difference in the handling ect drives much better now and I have to say the black alloys suit the car a lot better IMO.

Here's a few pics of the 'new' wheels... I went for black as it ties in with the door mirrors and the roof, my other choice was anthracite but im happy with how it is.

IMG_0779_zps82d83af5.jpg

IMG_0782_zps08009d39.jpg

IMG_0783_zpsa9ee054e.jpg

The car surs a lot lower than in the last pic there aswell as that was taken before it was corner weighted.

A few more...

IMG_1129_zpsbff53758.jpg

IMG_1131_zps54c48bc5.jpg

IMG_1132_zps71e9962e.jpg

A few of the camber/castor ect before and after including how much weight is over each axel and gross weight of the car which is pretty cool ....

So thats all that's really been happening atm, next up i'm going to try and get hold of a metal foot rest and some smoked side repeaters. Anyone know where I can get a hold of some? Cheers

Youth7

Mar 26, 2014
Essex
I know this is really late reply but didn't know you was on hear!! What break your beaut pulling now? What would you recommend putting on for power purposes. Your car is a beast mate!! What did you think to the remap? :)

Sep 2, 2010
Leeds
Wow been so long since I updated this thing. Car has changed quite a lot! Now got a full Milltek TBE on with 200 cell sport cat and Revo stage 2, Forge motorsport actuator, a stiffer engine mount and a whiteline rear anti-roll bar recently has made a huge difference! Thanks for the comments everyone.

Youth7: cheers mate! it should be making around 225bhp/240ftlbs now! Stage 2 made a huge difference, sounds a lot better now too.

Youth7

Mar 26, 2014
Essex
That's unreal! Where are you located. Do you go any meets? Would be good to meet up. I have just got the 13 plate Cupra and love it!! Done little bits too it but nothing mayor yet, I am waiting on the new soft where remap for my model. Could you send me a link for the spark plugs? Not sure weather to go for a miltek exhaust or a scorpion one. I would love to have my car like yours! Your advise would really help mate. You know your stuff! I have heard so much stuff about the 1.4 tsi being bad with power and blowing up?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.