Sticking clutch - master cylinder?

Jan 5, 2023
Hi all,

From reading around I think what I’m looking at is probably one of the cylinders going but I’m still not 100% sure. The clutch is taking a long time to rise until it get maybe an inch from the end of its travel to the normal position and then it speeds up and clunks back in to place. I’ve read of many other sticking down but wondered if what I’m seeing is possibly just early stages of the same thing?

Nov 12, 2023
Hi all,

From reading around I think what I’m looking at is probably one of the cylinders going but I’m still not 100% sure. The clutch is taking a long time to rise until it get maybe an inch from the end of its travel to the normal position and then it speeds up and clunks back in to place. I’ve read of many other sticking down but wondered if what I’m seeing is possibly just early stages of the same thing?
How did you get this sorted? I have the same issue.
Many thanks

Jan 5, 2023
I took it to a local garage and their first option was to replace all the fluid and then run it for a week and see what happened. He did say it’s usually rubbish/dirt being in the fluid that causes the problem. He changed that, charged for the fluid and 30 mins work and it’s been perfect ever since.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.