Sticking pads rear brakes. New Pads with different material available under WARRANTY tech bulletin

Polly

Jan 16, 2019
2018 leon Cupra R
Only just found out about these. Tech bulletin from a few months ago.
Already had a rear brake service to remove debris left by pads sticking to disc after getting wet or damp.
had two sets of pads and new discs too.

My dealer says they are happy to do the work under warranty.

Anyone know about this, got a copy or part number of the pads.

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
Interested in this if you find it @Polly

Brakes have never been great on my ST Cupra (standard not Brembo), especially the rears. Had the same front set up and smaller rear discs on heavier Octavia VRS which gave more confidence than this car.

Rear discs / pads replaced under warranty for warping, replaced the fluid after 16 months (always felt spongy from new) and have frequently stripped the rears as the channel on the rear pad for gas extraction under braking just keeps clogging up with brake dust/surface rust. And when you remove the accumulation of crud, the pad friction material crumbles around it (possibly due to overheating).

@RUM4MO and @SuperV8 have posted on a similar thread recently about blueing of the rear discs/higher than normal rear brake pad/disc wear, potentially due to ACC.

Last edited:

SuperV8

May 30, 2019
2018 leon Cupra R
Only just found out about these. Tech bulletin from a few months ago.
Already had a rear brake service to remove debris left by pads sticking to disc after getting wet or damp.
had two sets of pads and new discs too.

My dealer says they are happy to do the work under warranty.

Anyone know about this, got a copy or part number of the pads.
Interesting; Do you know the tech builtin number?

Polly

Jan 16, 2019
Okay Fine.
I will speak tom dealer they said it came out about three months ago so my my service of the rears and 2 new sets of pads missed this.

and YES my fronts are being hammered by ACC. BUT not the rears. |Already had new fronts at 6k miles due to warping [well nearside only as we know.]

Reactions: black_sheep
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members