[Sticky?] Name and shame your dealers

zondaff

Mar 8, 2015
Surrey
By doing this we can perhaps shine light on dealers which need improvements

I wouldn't recommend SMC SEAT Woking, service times are more like when they want to do it as well as being in the middle of no-where with no option of a courtesy car because someone's in it...

- Discuss

StevenM

Apr 2, 2013
Marshall, Braintree (formally Grants) - Lying, incompetent, arrogant ar$es.

Marshall, Cambridge - Incompetent, over-charging, arrogant ar$es.

Cecil & Larter, Bury St Edmunds - No complaints so far. They seem to be competent and efficient, and their 'fixed price' cam belt/water pump change is very well priced.

Sere Motors, NI - Extremely good prices on parts, and the parts department is very helpful and efficient.

Sent from my piece of shite iPhone - according to Muz.

Kibby

Jul 12, 2013
Belfast

Cecil & Larter, Bury St Edmunds - No complaints so far. They seem to be competent and efficient, and their 'fixed price' cam belt/water pump change is very well priced.

Sere Motors, NI - Extremely good prices on parts, and the parts department is very helpful and efficient.

Sent from my piece of shite iPhone - according to Muz.

Further on from his point, I live in Northern Ireland, Belfast to be exact and deal with Seres on a reqular basis, if i need any work done to the car, if i am interested in a new car and if i need parts. Fantastic company to deal with and their mechanics work is amazing! Would highly highly recommend. :happy:

Ckpearce91

Feb 20, 2013
Milton Keynes
Lancaster SEAT Milton Keynes - Liars and Incompetent.

Number of occasions been there for various problems and they say they have fixed it but they haven't.

I had a cracked indicator on my passenger wing mirror. They replaced the light but didn't put the mirror casing back on properly, so when I was home I pulled the casing to see what was stopping it from returning to its proper position and they had cracked and broken the new light so it was causing the casing to bulge. I took it back and told the service guy. After half hour wait I was told that it wasn't broken and it was just the sun making it look like that, so they didn't replace it because apparently it's all in my head.

On another occasion, the car went in for its 1st year service and when I went to pick it up, the service manager had lost my key. I had to wait all weekend until he found it in another car.

will_0407

Oct 8, 2014
Lancaster SEAT Milton Keynes - Liars and Incompetent.

Which garage do you use for servicing work now? I live in MK but only moved here in June last year. I'm yet to need anything done but knowing a reputable garage would be useful.

I did have my car booked in at Lancaster to get the rear cluster done due to condensation- on the day I was due to take it in to be looked at the condensation had gone after being there for 3 weeks. Sods law!

Ckpearce91

Feb 20, 2013
Milton Keynes
Which garage do you use for servicing work now? I live in MK but only moved here in June last year. I'm yet to need anything done but knowing a reputable garage would be useful.

I did have my car booked in at Lancaster to get the rear cluster done due to condensation- on the day I was due to take it in to be looked at the condensation had gone after being there for 3 weeks. Sods law!

I still use them haha. Literally because there's nothing better close by. I've heard that Northampton SEAT are worse. I had my rear cluster replaced with no problems thank god haha

StylancePaul

CUPRA Owner
May 31, 2006
Cambridge, UK

I agree Marshalls in Cambridge are utterly useless, I walked out at after repeating the following a few times:
Salesman: "How much would you like to pay for your new car?"
Me: "As little as possible"
Salesman: "If you dont tell me how much you want to pay, I cant make you an offer"
Me: "As little as possible"

Cecil and Larter have been a little hot and cold with me over the years. Experience initially with my Mk4 Ibiza was excellent, it developed a little bit of an unusual electrical fault, when I asked them to take a look at it, they told me that no faults had been recorded in the ECU, which wasnt the case as I checked after I left the garage with VCDS and they hadn't even cleared the faults registered.

They did redeem themselves with my Mk3 Leon FR, sales experience was great, and first service again great. However when I got the point of wanting to order the Mk3 Cupra they didn't seem to be interested.

I'd like to add Letchworth Autoway Centre to the list - So far, they have been superb with me. Sales experience was great, even to the point of opening the dealership early on a Sunday to allow me to collect my car without any pressure.

Last edited:

andrewpain

Jul 5, 2014
Meppershall Beds.
been really happy with Letchworth Autoway. Bought car there, had two services with a clean, nearly new courtesy car (£12), and good advice when I phone or just drop in.
Everything you expect a good dealer to deliver. They didn't mind when I couldn't get the courtesy car back that day (delayed at Bedford Cineworld - long story).
Would recommend them to anyone....

Joe_3490

Sep 20, 2010
I would also like to Weigh in on Letchworth Autowa - Always very friendly and helpful, Have used them for servicing since 2010 on my Ibiza and had purchased 2 cars since then from them, 1st car (Toledo - Excellent service from Alex, my Ibiza's front suspension failed I booked the car in for repair week wait (they are very busy so didn't mind I could get train to work at the time) took it down on a Saturday so it was off the drive and they had it when they had space, I had enough of that car breaking so looked at other cars and ended up leaving that day with the 1month old Toledo and due to valet guys leaving at 12 on Saturday they arranged for me to use the car for a month then bring it in for a full valet and got a free hire car for the day) 2nd car my partner erally liked my Ibiza and Toledo, Had a fiesta at the time but with 5 dogs needed something bigger so got the Ibiza ST and as said above he allowed us to collect on a sunday before they were 'officially open'

firstleonowner

Feb 26, 2016
2 experiences with Marshall Cambridge
1 with Hyundai terrible

the second with Marshall Cambridge seat, went in , salesmen all busy I did get to leave my name and number and told them I wanted a brand new leon FR, told them exact spec, but they never got back to me.

Norwich Seat were not much different, they did come back to me once with a different colour car and spec to which I enquired about and then never got back to me again.

I ended up buying from Ipswich Seat, who have been great so far, not long after purchase my wheel nut caps started disappearing, one phone call and 2 days later I had a new set

ESS

Jan 11, 2016
Im booked in a Seat star city in the next couple of weeks ill let you know how i get on.

Seat Worcester for all my parts as Mike there is highly recommended.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dt-spd

Sep 1, 2015
Rugby

I second that. Bought my old Exeo 2nd hand from them, they promised to re-balance the wheels but never did and after a few days of picking it up noticed it had a poorly done repair to the boot. Sadly I couldn't prove it wasn't like it when I first looked at the car.

niggle

Rollin' on 17s, baby!
Jan 28, 2014
Huddersfield, West Yorkshire
Oh dear! :(

This is quickly turning into a long-winded thread that no-one will bother to read and will have no need to read because just about every SEAT dealer in the UK is probably going to get a mention.

Maybe we should lock/delete this thread and start again with "Recommend a SEAT dealer" ?

FWIW I won't be darkening the doorstep of the supplying dealer for our Leon - SEAT Huddersfield (Sytner Group). It all went pear-shaped soon after we had placed the order and handed over the deposit.

Nor will I be troubling Evans Halshaw, Harrogate. They couldn't be arsed to do the scheduled recall work when the car went in for its first service and instead of receiving a litre of Castrol Edge for booking the service online I got a nice crease in the NSR door.

Full marks to D M Keith SEAT, York for doing everything I asked them to on the second service, including doing the recall work that Evans Halshaw failed to do on the previous year. They even pointed out that I didn't need a brake fluid change at 2 years, even though the SEAT UK online booking system has suggested that a brake fluid change should be performed and was therefore booked.

How can D M Keith manage to achieve what other SEAT dealers cannot? Perhaps it's because D M Keith are principally Skoda franchisees? They will certainly be getting my business again, which is handy as my other car is a Skoda. :D

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.