Still looking for the right V5.......

StuC

F1 Smart?
Jan 14, 2006
Rugby
Something I forgot to mention that I might need to replace is a door mirror, just the glass/mirror.
Can it be done or is it a replacement assembly? (what with them being heated 'n' all)

CHR15B

May 5, 2005
Scotland
You can get a single replacement, AFAIK the Mk4 Golf part should fit (double check) and thats about £25 - £30, its an easy fit.

GrayT

I'm Old
Jul 7, 2004
London
Stu,
If you were asking if the handles are different sizes I had assumed there might be a difference at first...but no, front and rears are absolutely identical (optical illusion because of door size maybe?).

I only swapped the outermost bit of the handle which also extends behind the door lever as you hardly see the otherside anyway (although you could swap the lot). Easy to do - just prize off carefully with a flat bladed screwdriver and clicks back on.

StuC

F1 Smart?
Jan 14, 2006
Rugby
GrayT said:
Stu,
If you were asking if the handles are different sizes I had assumed there might be a difference at first...but no, front and rears are absolutely identical (optical illusion because of door size maybe?).

I only swapped the outermost bit of the handle which also extends behind the door lever as you hardly see the otherside anyway (although you could swap the lot). Easy to do - just prize off carefully with a flat bladed screwdriver and clicks back on.

I'll swap them over straight away, if i ever get this car!!! Soon though, I know it's gonna happen, I can feel in me bones!!!!

Slongy

Hi Stu

I have a silver V reg (Dec 99) Toledo V5. Done 52K, full Seat service History. Full Leather and FF Electric Sunroof as extras.

Excellent condition inside and out (I mean pretty much mint)

Would be interested in parting with it in February as I'm due a company car. Thinking of between £4K and £4.5K

Let me know if you're interested. I can take lots of pictures. I'm based near Reading.

And, by the way, I replaced the door trims recently and their spanking new!

Let us know.

StuC

F1 Smart?
Jan 14, 2006
Rugby
I'VE ONLY GONE AND BLOODY BOUGHT ONE!!! GET IN

Put the deposit down this arvo, picking it up early next week :D

Slongy - :wtf: What can I say, I have only just logged on and seen your post. Sorry mate. Just a day too late :(

GrayT

I'm Old
Jul 7, 2004
London
Congratulations!! 150bhp model? Colour? Enjoy the sound of that glorious V5!

Give it a month or two to check she's running OK and then consider a remap - gives it that little bit more. Also, although not cheap, I find running on Optimax really does bring a reward.

Slongy

Nice one Stu. Enjoy it mate, it will be worth the effort you put into finding it!

Slongy

StuC

F1 Smart?
Jan 14, 2006
Rugby
Took delivery yesterday :D :D :D

Still smiling!!!!!

Thanks to everyone for your help.

Does anyone know what to do about replacement keys? I haven't got the "tag" that contains the cars details.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.