Stonechips

big davey

Does anyone else seem to be getting alot of stonechips on there bonnet. I seem to be geeting a canny few anyone know how to prevent them without getting that film put on?

Lewis_FR

Jul 1, 2007
Tiverton, Devon
I have a beauty on mine :( But you have to expect it when doing 50 miles a day on the motorway. I also have 2 chips in my windscreen thanks to a filthy bloody Passat!

conzy

Jan 5, 2007
I can't believe how many there is on mine either, I don't drive close up behind other cars but the front of the car has loads of stone chips already (11mths old 17000miles). Maybe it is because this is a red car and show them up more than my old silver focus

Paint Chips better than Windscreen Break?

I thought I'd copped for a big chip yesterday, from a low loader with more pebbles on the back than Scarborough Beach :ban: - I had a look at the bonnet to confirm my fears and I appeared to have escaped it ;) - then this morning amongst the ice on the windscreen I noticed it was slightly chipped and now I have a hairline crack spreading across the bottom of the windscreen. :cry: Better than a chip in the paint I thought... a windscreen at least is replaceable... I guess a trip to Autowindscreens in now in order!!! :shrug: Cant win...

Steve

big davey

just wondered if any one had any suggestions, seem to find a new one every time i clean my it n it drives me mad!!

big davey

how do you touch them up, i tried using a very fine paint brush rather than the big brush you get with the touch up paint. i fund though that where ive touched it up stands out even more than the chip did.

stu38

Mar 8, 2007
Essex
:lol:Hi big davey, must say got the film fitted on my leon covers all front area and does fantastic job on keeping the bloody stones at bay . What dont you like about the film?

big davey

its not that i dont like the film mate. just wondered if it was just me that was getting a hell of alot of chips. Can you tell that the film is on. Where did you get it done and how much?

stu38

Mar 8, 2007
Essex
:) You mainly can only see it when right up close and what i was told when i had it fitted was some colours just show it up a tad more, but spous at end of day much rather have that than a sand blasted bonnet!!!!! But do really recommend it matey:D Cost wise depends on how much you have done ie i had bonnet, all front bumper, headlights, fogs, side wings, front a pillar, small section on top roof above windscreen. All come to £400 :whistle: Took half day to fit.

FabiaTDi

VT5 :D
Mar 22, 2003
Visit site
Have you used this yourself Jace? I was thinking about getting some but have read mixed opinions.

Its fairly effective at hiding the stonechips rather than a giving perfect professional stone chip finish. Think of it as a more permanent solution to those Turtle Wax crayons you can get for stone chips.

If you know they are there, you will still find them but it certainly makes them look a lot better. :D

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.