Strange Boosting Issue..

tomxt99

Hi guys,

Pretty new to the 1.8t game so bear with me!

Ive got an Ibiza Cupra R which is pretty much standard. I bought it with a Powerflow Cat back, Pipercross Air filter and Forge 007p.

Since owning it Ive had it rolling roaded which it pulled 178bhp and 170 ft/lbs of torque. While on the rollers I put an N75J valve on it which upped it to 188bhp and 200 ft/lbs of torque which I was really pleased with.

Ive also carried out the N249 bypass aswell last week which seems to have improved the DV response and sound nicely..

Since doing the N75J I have noticed on partial throttle openings, it seems to boost up and then dump the boost again for example it often boosts to 1.1 bar then dumps and the builds again to 0.6 bar. If I give it beans all is good and it will peak at 1.1 bar and hold about 0.9 bar to the redline without dropping boost at all.

The N75 was used and so Im not sure whether this is faulty as I know its the one thing Ive changed and it has occured but didnt know whether there were other implications elsewhere with running more boost.

Just wanted to see if anyone had any experience of this at all?

Im also possibly thinking of going K03s or K03s hybrid and wanted to see if theres much point in getting it mapped at all as many have said its a big difference but my car is already IMO running decent figures for what has been done.

Any advice would be brilliant

Cheers

Tom

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
Try changing the n75 back to the original and see if it still happends.

Theres loads of info on k03s and hybrid just have a search.

Stage 1 mapping normaly hits 190-200bhp and around the 230-240 ft-lbs. depending on other mods its by far the best bang for the buck that your going to get.

tomxt99

Try changing the n75 back to the original and see if it still happends.

Cheers dude, I will give it a go but wasnt sure as the N75J makes it run more boost so didnt know whether more boost would cause the problem or whether it is just a faulty N75. Would it show up on VAGCOM?

Tom

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
Its may pop up on vag-com depends if its going into soft limp mode because its detecting overboost because of the N75J...

If you have the full version of vag-com you could run some logs on acctual vs requested boost etc...id also check the fueling make sure its not running lean top end because of the extra boost.:)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.