• Hi Guest why not show off your SEAT! (now fixed)
    You can now share your favourite car photos in the new media gallery including embedding pictures from your Instagram account.
  • We're live with the new site! Please let us know what you think in this thread. Also let us know if you spot any quirks.

Strange noise when kicking down to 1st gear.

RYANBRZ

Sep 10, 2019
Hi,

I have a 2018 DSG leon 300 and I was in manual mode dropping into 1st gear from 2nd to make the exhaust crackle. I was only doing just under 20mph. I was doing this about 5 or 6 times but the last time I done this I heard what sounded like a crunching noice coming from I think the left side. Do you have any idea what this could be. I tried kicking down a few more times and it made the sound twice, after a few more times the crunch sound has went away. The only thing I can think of is that it's the sounds of the cogs.

Had a little research and it may be low transmission oil, but I have only had the car 2 weeks so surely shouldn't be that.

Last edited:

RYANBRZ

Sep 10, 2019
Was the engine oil warm >80oC. Or were you doing this on a fairly cold engine?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The engine was warm. I will keep an eye on it, anymore issues then I will take it to a Seat garage, it is still under warranty.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.