Sub on parcel shelf

mds1256

Facelift Leon Cupra
Jan 7, 2007
i have seen some where on this forum (i have searched and cannot find it again) where some one has attached a sub and amp to the bottom of a wood parcel shelf so it takes no room up, can any one help me find this post?

warren_cox

Back from the dead
Seen it done in a Mk2 Golf and the sound was horrible. Really flappy, nasty bass and actually by the time you'd got the sub magnet dropping from the parcel shelf it really impeded the boot aperture (unless you were planning some funky lifter trick using a piston arm).

nomad_fr

Aug 5, 2008
I used to have one years ago in a fiesta, it was fitted by an ICE shop and the sub was matched to the area of the boot iirc.
The boot was dynamatted too and the sound was awesome.

Maximus2000uk

There was indeed someone on the site who had done it - I saw the posting about a month ago. Try typing in parcel shelf and see what happens.

hubbly_bubbly

[center][img]http://i374.
Aug 18, 2008
Johannesburg, South Africa
Hi Guys

It was me who did the sub on the shelf. Like in the thread i posted replies about my reasons for placing the sub where i did. The thing sounds fantastic just where it is, im really happy with the install. If the parcel shelf is good enough for Audi and B&O it was good enuf for me (provided the shelf was strong enough, and secured when the boot closed. Which it is). Hope it was helpful mds, i can tell you it does work and you get left with a fully accesible boot, if done correctly.

Cheers

CupraSport

Mar 8, 2004
Bolton
Visit site
I have been wondering about a sub myself / speaker upgrade, but my boot has to be fully accessable for things like shopping and the Dog.... hence the question

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.