Sub8 Ultimate

james berkeley

Aug 8, 2014
I'm confused. The "Ultimate" seems to be the same as the Sub8, but with a few creature comforts removed and the price increased?? How does that work? I have had a Sub8 on order since it was announced and its still a couple of months away from delivery.

forge197

SE>FR>CUPRA
May 14, 2002
UK
Visit site
I'm confused. The "Ultimate" seems to be the same as the Sub8, but with a few creature comforts removed and the price increased?? How does that work? I have had a Sub8 on order since it was announced and its still a couple of months away from delivery.

Pretty much sums it up and how I read it the sub 8 less some bits for more cash :)

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
just read this http://www.seatcupra.net/wp/index.php/2015/02/09/seat-launches-its-fastest-ever-production-car/

Now I can understand why some people will pay £2.5k for different alloys, side skirts, bigger brakes and decent tyres from the dealer as some people are uninclined to diverge from OEM, but most of us would just take that £2.5k and go to VWR.

But who in their right mind is going to pay another 4k for no a/c, 4 less speakers, no armrest, no rear air vents and no under seat storage. Why don't I just buy the sub8 normal pack and rip them out myself, id probably get £500 for the parts!?

simonali

Apr 3, 2014
Wiltshire
I was under the impression they used mk2 Cupra R alloys on the lap car, so the spec isn't exact. Also, what the hell is the point in releasing this now the Megane has beaten the time set by the Leon?

colsy

Mar 15, 2012
Dover
I have to agree with above, it's not really what I was expecting . Has someone dropped a large bollock somewhere :(

forge197

SE>FR>CUPRA
May 14, 2002
UK
Visit site
The resale value would be appalling I think. Wonder how many kg's it's lighter, agree it's priced in a we don't really want to sell any way, at least there is an option for it

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
Due to it being lighter the MPG might be better......:rofl:

Without a/c think of all the extra power the lights will have, no more candle in the wind!

Tbh depreciation might be the best thing its got going for it but time will tell, should certainly hold better than normal cupras anyway

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
Our Cupra was 'built to order ' . We ordered it, Manuel built it. Simples. :D and I think it has AC, just poverty spec peasant manual not super duper climate control. Must save all of , ooooh , 3 grammes. Perhaps it'll also come with a 'No fat chicks' sticker. Or even 'no chubby drivers'. Or , have a poo before driving.

Last edited:

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
Our Cupra was 'built to order ' . We ordered it, Manuel built it. Simples. :D and I think it has AC, just poverty spec peasant manual not super duper climate control. Must save all of , ooooh , 3 grammes. Perhaps it'll also come with a 'No fat chicks' sticker. Or even 'no chubby drivers'. Or , have a poo before driving.

Before i make a joke about it coming with a hose-eh... Are you saying climate control is an optional extra...?

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
Before i make a joke about it coming with a hose-eh... Are you saying climate control is an optional extra...?
In the write up it says 'climate control is replaced with a simpler heating system' I've probably misunderstood. Its probably not air con but a brazier..... Or perhaps the radiator has been moved inside for 'perfect weight balance'....:D

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
In the write up it says 'climate control is replaced with a simpler heating system' I've probably misunderstood. Its probably not air con but a brazier..... Or perhaps the radiator has been moved inside for 'perfect weight balance'....:D

Sorry mate I thought you were talking about your actual car then

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members