Sump Sealant AUQ Engine

evokid

Aug 28, 2009
Hi, just been reading previous posts, am i right to assume no gasket on the 1.8 t AUQ Sump ? All Vagcat shows is sealant?
Also will i have to turn flywheel to access 2 bolts on sump as read?

What sealant do you use if so? Reccomendations? Is the Holts gasket sealant fine or best to get stealer genuine?

Plan to change oil/filter etc and want to clean oil pick up too...Do i need any seals/o-rings for that too?

Thanks in advance :blink:

csd_19

May 11, 2005
Angus / Edinburgh
Get the sealant from the dealer, its only a couple of quid and is the proper stuff for the job :)

Oil/Filter change won't need any o-rings - just make sure the old filter seal isn't stuck to the engine instead of the filter when you change it out.

The oil pump pickup has a small o-ring in there - part number is N0282222. Not sure if you also want to change the pickup bolts while you're in there, part no for those is N90945001. ;)

Aug 7, 2009
Manchester U.K
The bolts at the gearbox end, you need a wobble bar and patience to get them out, also when re-fitting watch the bolt doesnt fire off into the bell housing. You can use universal sealant, providing it can cope with hi-temp applications. Also make sure both surfaces are spotless and only appply a thin bead of sealant arround the edge.

Muttley

Catch that diesel!
Mar 17, 2006
North Kent
What he said. You want to avoid any sealant bead being formed on the inside edge of the sump. There is too much danger of the bead flaking off, turning to crumbs in the oil and blocking the filter and/or pickup screen.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.