Sunroof rattle

JMP

May 27, 2004
Does anyone else have a rattle coming out of the sunroof? Its there when the roof slide is in open position and stops when its closed. If someone knows already how to get rid of it, please share!

Donnyboy

The Candy Man
Mar 15, 2005
renfrewshire
Pull the slide forward just bit when its open. So that the plastic vent bit at the front of the slide isn't touching the hard rubber rim round the sunroof opening.....if you know what I mean??

Thats what i do with mine.............though its been closed over for weeks!!! :censored:

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
I had a rattle that I thought was my sunroof, I thought it was the slideing shade but in fact it was the trim that surrounds the alarm interior sensors. it's the grill with slots in it just by the interior light. The clips that hold this trim in place are what rattle as they are metal clips inserted into the plastic trim. if you remove this trim it is so rattly that you can use it as a tamberine. A drop of superglue on each metal clip where the clips are attached to the trim will sort it out.

I did actually make a thread about this.

Here it is>>>>http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=238904&highlight=fixed+rattle

JMP

May 27, 2004
I had a rattle that I thought was my sunroof, I thought it was the slideing shade but in fact it was the trim that surrounds the alarm interior sensors. it's the grill with slots in it just by the interior light. The clips that hold this trim in place are what rattle as they are metal clips inserted into the plastic trim. if you remove this trim it is so rattly that you can use it as a tamberine. A drop of superglue on each metal clip where the clips are attached to the trim will sort it out.

I did actually make a thread about this.

Here it is>>>>http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=238904&highlight=fixed+rattle

Excellent Nath, thanks! I tried to search with "sunroof rattle" but didnt spot your post. I have noticed that the rattle is coming somewhere in that interior light console and I have managed to lessen it just be pressing on it sometimes, so I think this is the same issue. Thanks a lot, I will try this. This is basicly only rattle I have, so it would be nice to get rid of.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members