Superchips - Bluefin

cooperdj

Oct 11, 2012
Leicester
Just spoken to Chris from CC Tuning in Burton on Trent and he said he expects 170+ out of my 140tdi, charging £249 inc rolling road.

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Just spoken to Chris from CC Tuning in Burton on Trent and he said he expects 170+ out of my 140tdi, charging £249 inc rolling road.

Chris does alot of work for us on TDISport.com (Forum i Admin on from my TDI days)

:)

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
With the remaps and DTE's is there not a concern for clutch slippage? and if so is it moreso on manual's than DSG?

I've been told over and over again now that DSG can actually withstand more than manual. So I believe it now.

My tuners (Sedox Sunderland) said my DSG would be happy going stage 2+/3 with injector changes etc etc.

So I'm happy having it at stage2 with little fear for my gearbox as long as I'm sensible

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Im not sure if the DSG box in these is the same as the Golf R but if it is its easily capable, APR's Golf R has been abused at over 380bhp for ages

olitaylor07

Badger Badger
Jul 15, 2012
West Yorkshire
I've been told over and over again now that DSG can actually withstand more than manual. So I believe it now.

My tuners (Sedox Sunderland) said my DSG would be happy going stage 2+/3 with injector changes etc etc.

So I'm happy having it at stage2 with little fear for my gearbox as long as I'm sensible

What are you running now shnazzle?
Bhp figures? Is it smokey?

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
What are you running now shnazzle?
Bhp figures? Is it smokey?

In my sig :)

Running CR170 at 210hp and 332ft/lb, no DPF.
Smokes like a steamboat when I literally put the pedal to the metal. Other than that (99% of the time) ...smoke free. Which is great for the figures I've got.

The smoke is actually quite handy for when you want to get rid of kn0bhead tailgaters.
Turns out nobody wants to be covered in soot. :funk:

So I drop it a gear and plant my foot for 2 seconds and cover them. Then ease off again enjoy smoke-free driving.

olitaylor07

Badger Badger
Jul 15, 2012
West Yorkshire
Sorry I'm on my phone so can't see any sigs.

Haha yeah suppose that's a good way of looking at it. Did you have to get rid of your DPF?

Do you know what figure you would get if you had kept the DPF in place?

You going stage 2?

Sorry for all the questions :)

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
Sorry I'm on my phone so can't see any sigs.

Haha yeah suppose that's a good way of looking at it. Did you have to get rid of your DPF?

Do you know what figure you would get if you had kept the DPF in place?

You going stage 2?

Sorry for all the questions :)

No worries. DPF is dead and gone and mapped out.
And I'm already at stage2. Mind...not everybody follows "stages". So someone else might have just had a base map somewhere else producing the same power in "stage 1".

DPF in place would have lost me about 15hp apparently. It's really the only big restriction in the flow on the diesel (compared to petrol). I'd only benefit from opening up the exhaust if I went stupid illegal power/smoke.

Shnazzle, would be good to have a run out to see if mine is giving me anywhere near what they claim!!

Indeed I'd be curious as well! I'm guessing you still have DPF in place as well so would be interesting to see what you're running and how long your DPF lasts :rolleyes:

Why not take it down to Sedox for a rolling road? Then we've both got a RR from the same place, which should give a good comparison.

Darth Revan

Indeed I'd be curious as well! I'm guessing you still have DPF in place as well so would be interesting to see what you're running and how long your DPF lasts :rolleyes:

Why not take it down to Sedox for a rolling road? Then we've both got a RR from the same place, which should give a good comparison.

Sounds like a plan actually...See how much you blow me away first then i'll go down :)
Yeah I've still got the DPF in, didn't want to mess about too much with it still being so new.

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
Sounds like a plan actually...See how much you blow me away first then i'll go down :)
Yeah I've still got the DPF in, didn't want to mess about too much with it still being so new.

Fair dues...
Not that your power is confirmed, but if it is 310lb/ft vs 332...that'll make a decent difference.

Have you tried it without traction control yet? ;)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.