Supra Lux Worth the Extra ££?

GordonMcC

Feb 8, 2017
Ayrshire, Scotland
Keyless entry and full Leather is what put me off the LUX model. I think the Alcantara looks better these days and sportier. the Keyless is a big put off for me however i know my next car will no doubt have it, i just dont think it is secure enough.

Loadmaster748

Roll on summer.....
Aug 2, 2019
Surrey, UK
I think the seats in the base model Cupra that I drove last week were fine. If I go down the non Lux route I'm not that fussed about the other refinements that they have.

A9BNL

Mar 6, 2019
Thanks - so it's basically accelerating and decelerating according to the traffic in front, without the driver's use of brake and throttle?
Its worth having the lux version for ACC plus the wireless phone charging, winter pack for the lights/screen. I dont know if they still have the electric front drivers seat which is excellent and i personally love the keyless entry and heart beat pulsing stop start button. All good stuff to have, if i have missed anything please correct me.

Reactions: Loadmaster748

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
Thanks - so it's basically accelerating and decelerating according to the traffic in front, without the driver's use of brake and throttle?
Yes, it also turns the engine off and on if you have auto stop enabled.
If you own the safety pack with lane assistance it also steers for you in traffic.

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
Its worth having the lux version for ACC plus the wireless phone charging, winter pack for the lights/screen. I dont know if they still have the electric front drivers seat which is excellent and i personally love the keyless entry and heart beat pulsing stop start button. All good stuff to have, if i have missed anything please correct me.
It doesn't have winter pack anymore and seats are manual due to being buckets.
The Lux does come with the safety pack now though instead of winter pack.

Loadmaster748

Roll on summer.....
Aug 2, 2019
Surrey, UK
It doesn't have winter pack anymore and seats are manual due to being buckets.
The Lux does come with the safety pack now though instead of winter pack.
I find the availablity status and kit installation info a bit hit or miss. I get told different things by different SEAT dealers - one of them being that the true 'bucket seat' installation isn't available until next year, not that I want that!

I think I just have to accept the fact that what it comes with/without will be a big surprise! :-o

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
I find the availablity status and kit installation info a bit hit or miss. I get told different things by different SEAT dealers - one of them being that the true 'bucket seat' installation isn't available until next year, not that I want that!

I think I just have to accept the fact that what it comes with/without will be a big surprise! :-o

It's in the manual in black and white, I think the dealers get stuff mixed up as they generally can't tell their bottom from their elbow. I'd trust the brochure over what the dealer says. The service guy in Edinburgh SEAT was trying to tell me my car had 310bhp and didn't believe that the 290 GPF model existed. That's the kind of knowledge we're dealing with in the dealers.
Screenshot_2019-09-12-15-50-25-066_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg

Last edited:

Loadmaster748

Roll on summer.....
Aug 2, 2019
Surrey, UK
Keyless entry and full Leather is what put me off the LUX model. I think the Alcantara looks better these days and sportier. the Keyless is a big put off for me however i know my next car will no doubt have it, i just dont think it is secure enough.
Both good points and my thoughts exactly...

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
Can't believe there's no reversing camera though!
No great loss - my only complaints with the Cupra ST are the reversing camera and light emitted when reversing (single light and uses a smaller bulb on FL when compared to pre-FL Mk3; even with high-output LED upgrade, its poor - the standard dual LED reverse lights on the Audi A3/S3 rear are a significant improvement).

Reversing camera on the Leon is possibly the worst I’ve ever used. It’s mounted too low in the rear bumper (on the ST), has the distorted fish-eye view and no dynamic manoeuvre markings on the infotainment screen. If it’s wet or salt is used on the roads then you will not be able to use it.

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
No great loss - my only complaints with the Cupra ST are the reversing camera and light emitted when reversing (single light and uses a smaller bulb on FL when compared to pre-FL Mk3; even with high-output LED upgrade, its poor - the standard dual LED reverse lights on the Audi A3/S3 rear are a significant improvement).

Reversing camera on the Leon is possibly the worst I’ve ever used. It’s mounted too low in the rear bumper (on the ST), has the distorted fish-eye view and no dynamic manoeuvre markings on the infotainment screen. If it’s wet or salt is used on the roads then you will not be able to use it.
Are you sure about the dynamic manoeuvre markings? I get these on my MY19 Cupra in park pilot without camera so seems strange they would remove these for the camera.
I agree about the camera not being a big loss though.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.