System Porsche

uzzy

Run In!
Aug 8, 2006
Stone, Staffordshire
The 1.2 engine was apparently designed by Porsche, but Porsche got a bit pissed with the massive stickers and logo's on the engine that Fiat at the time had to stop sticking the stickers on. Might be wrong, but that's how I remember it.

UnIbizable

Hi Paddyimuk, Not a lot even in excellent condition, well saying that it depends on how you feel about them, I don't intend on getting rid of mine so its worth quite a lot to me, Work is easy to carry out even if you only have a little technical knowledge, if in doubt, consult you trusty Haynes manual to see if you are competent enough to carry out the work, if not go to a private garage as they will not charge you the earth and Seat/VAG have pretty much discontinued most if not all parts for the MK1 Ibiza, you can get spares from your local motor factors or if you really get stuck I have found a guy who stocks parts from most Seat models new and used at reasonable prices but I don't know if I can put that info up here. I managed to get 2 brand new electric window guides for mine for £16 (Seat originals) from him.

UnIbizable

System Porsche is quite a funny meaning, 3rd & 4th syncro gears are Porsche, the valves on the 1.2, 1.5 & 1.7 petrol engines are the same as the 1.8 16v gti Mk2 Ibiza and the tappets are the same as the 2.3 V5 10v Toledo both VAG and the Head is a Porsche crossflow design so they were probably all used in earlier Porsches, VW's & Audi's, Not only that the MK1 Ibiza was shelved as the MK2 Golf not long before SEAT bought the designs, The Fiat input is the floorplan of the Strada/Regatta for the Ibiza/Malaga, The brakes are of similar type to the FIAT/Lancia/Alfa family varying with engine size and the 900cc petrol and the 1.7 Diesel engines are from FIAT.
Bit of anal knowledge for y'all.

paddyimuk

parts im desprite for,

i no it sounds really lame, but i lost a load of wheel nuts and need to get some new ones, they r the regulars for the steels, lol ,no alloys here, i can't get a hold of them from seat as they have been discontinued, and was wondering if u could put a link up for the guy u Know if he has an email address or something, a full set would be beneificial, cause spares r always good with these motors, as for the car itself , iv been given some consideration to getting rid, the wheel nuts have pissed me off a bit, so if any of u boys no any one who'd like to give me a good price for it, it would be cool, its an excellent little car, it actually is quite a rare one as iv been told, as it has electric windows , sunroof, and a few other bits which were'nt installed in other system porsche models, believe me when i say its in good nick, it does have the tell tale rust spots in the usual places, and some idiot did try to spray can some old paint job, but the only real distortion, is some nail marks on the back seat vinel, were i think some girl has been getting ****ed and u no, she had long nails, i just wish it was me giving it to her.lol cheer boys

Last edited by a moderator:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise